Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Celebrating The Mandolin Pickers Guide to Bluegrass Improvisa

Just bought mine. Can't wait to dig into it.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing with others of different skill levels

I am in the same boat as you. Playing mandolin for four years now and play in similar type of jam groups. To me it is all good and getting out and playing with others is always good. Bottom line is...
  3. Thread: Home made stand

by RandyC
    Replies
    Views

Home made stand

I just finished up building this stand from branches I found in the woods. I thought it came out pretty good considering I don't have proper tools and don't know what I am doing.

4. Replies
    Views

Re: Wow. What won't they try next?

I was tempted to buy this but then I read it was missing a string so I will pass :cool:
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Hey! I'm "Album of the year"!!!

Awesome, congratulations!
  6. Replies
    Views

Cafe Swag with picture

Proud owner of a mandolin cafe hat and sticker. Anyone else with pictures of their cafe swag?

7. Replies
    Views

Re: 1 year of online lessons

I signed up for a year of the Mike Marshall lessons at artistworks and so far I have loved it. Tons of lessons, licks and tunes of the week and much more. He also does the video feedback and does a...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Hartford, Waterbury CT jams?

Hi Dick, I live in Bethel, CT. There are jams in Newtown and Milford CT that I go to but I think you will be here at the in between times for the jams. They usually at the beginning or end of the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Yes, another newbie needing advice

The best thing to do is play a bunch of Mandolins in your price range. I just bought a mandolin over the weekend. I went in with my heart set on a Kentucky. I played a couple and liked them. Then I...
  10. Thread: Muscle Shoals

by RandyC
    Replies
    Views

Re: Muscle Shoals

+1 to all three documentaries from me. All three were really interesting. I knew the least about the wrecking crew.
  11. Re: Intro, and thanks to Mandolin Cafe and pickloser

Welcome aboard spud3. I'm a long time guitar player who recently picked up the mandolin. I hope you have as much love for the instrument as I do. Now off to find the 'Guide to Double Stops thread. It...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin shops in manhattan.

Sam Ash has moved to 34th street and I think 8th. They had a few mandolins in there last time I went. Starting at around $800 and up.

http://samashmusic.com/store-locations/
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Merry Christmas from my mandolin to yours!

Love it!. Merry Christmas.
  14. Replies
    Views

Hello from new member

I just joined the forum. I hope this is the right place for this thread.

Just wanted to say hello. I'm a long time guitar player and bought my first mandolin last week. I bought an inexpensive...