Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Blacktop Friday

One of my early ones. Truth was I had gotten the wood from a Canadian supplier and when finished blonde it had a horrible runout problem and this was the only solution I could think of.
  2. Replies
    Views

Cold Frosty Morn (with the family band)

My daughters and I performed for an evening social gathering at the Fort Bridger Mountain Man Rendezvous. Here is one of the tunes we performed that night, featuring Liesl (16) on fiddle and...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Need Advice On Fixing This Binding Issue

Yours is quite a bit simpler than this one because you only have to deal with the surface veneer and not the whole side thickness like this one.
  4. Replies
    Views

Pretty Little Dog - mandola "duet"

Here's an old-time tune that I recently became acquainted with. Hope you like this slowed down, D minor version.

https://youtu.be/TZfEjDt-HWc
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: is the mandola the perfect instrument?

although I'm not QuakeCity, here I am doing the chords on a Yellowstone mandola behind Frankdolin on melody covering "Manior De Mes Reves"
    and I agree the dola works great for "guitar oriented "...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: tuning machine ratios

'Perhaps the most accurate response for 95% of all posts ever made here on the mandolin cafe!
  7. Out of solidarity we will observe Blackout Tuesday

Since inception this site has attempted to serve as an oasis, a respite from the rest of the world, a place to relax, let down and get away from a lot of complicated news, hot button topics, and many...
  8. Hedwig's Theme - Solo Mandolin Arrangement [Tab]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LguHv-1I-g0

Tab!
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's toaster on eBay

I heard that toast ain't no part of muffin.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's toaster on eBay

It would be fun to take it to a jam. (I'm sorry)
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass saxophone

I would suggest that Ms. Hull add a fiddler, but there's too much sax and violins in bluegrass already.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass for the elderly

I would much prefer that term, and I think it would open up competition to flatpickers, fingerstyle country-blues players, and Telecaster wizards. I like hillbilly music in all its forms.
  13. Re: Curious about the Bluegrass mandolin market segment

Yea, but that is a matter of taste. I mean, if one is not a strong improviser the speed bump is just as high for a bluegrass jam as being unfamiliar with the repertory is for a OT jam. Just a...