Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Bluegrass Lessons in Northwest Arkansas--Especially Fiddle

Actually, not too far! I just google mapped it; about an hour and 15 minutes. For some reason, it hasn't come across our radar yet! Maybe we'll be that way someday.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Chords for Christmas Time's A-Comin'?

Thanks, Simon! The chart's just what we were looking for, and the site is a good resource.
  3. Re: Help! I can't hear the beat when I play a break

Exactly! Where does my foot go?!

By the way, I bought your book on twin mandolin, and I find it fascinating, though, of course, most of it is still beyond me. But as I said, I can play breaks...
  4. Re: Help! I can't hear the beat when I play a break

I'm sorry I've not been quick to respond to y'all this week; it's been an especially full one for us, but I really appreciate all your thoughts.

Several of y'all mentioned metronomes. I have...
  5. Re: Help! I can't hear the beat when I play a break

It all happened kind of accidentally. Nobody who knew me ever would have predicted it, but it’s been a lot of fun and a real blessing for our family—like the unexpected things often are.
  6. Re: Help! I can't hear the beat when I play a break

Thanks for asking. Yes, our family band is me on mandolin, my wife on bass (amplified acoustic bass, due to some recent surgery), a son on banjo, a daughter on fiddle, and another son on guitar. ...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Breaking the TAB habit

I'm more or less a perpetual beginner myself, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt. But I have made the most progress in trying to figure out a tune by ear when I started with pentatonic...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Public Domain

Thanks to everyone for this discussion. It's been very illuminating. My family has just recently begun playing at some local nursing homes, so I found DavidKOS' and Allen Hopkins' contributions...