Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. RECOVERED Re: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

My lost 1922 Gibson F4 mandolin has been found, here is the story…

Last week I received an email correspondence, through my website, from a operations supervisor of a retailers distribution...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday, Mandolin Cafe!

Happy 28th. I wanted to see what MC looked like at the beginning but the best I could find is this from 1997:

3. Replies
    Views

Re: Birdland Breakdown

Great tune so I'll raise you this one with twin mandolin harmony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDcxHWglzkI
  4. Re: New 19” scale Northfield Wavelength Octave/Reichman Demo

Hi everyone. Our new Wavelength octave is in production now. Our first batch is finishing up and is in the setup process. We got a little behind with all the summer festivals and the general pace and...
  5. Re: Has anyone heard about a crazy mandolinist named Frank Wakefi

Here's a new recording that even the old time Frank Wakefield fans may not have seen yet. Just shared in the last few days after a visit from Michael Daves and Tony Trischka.

6. Replies
    Views

Re: Octave mandolin and mandocello

And when they are on the couch:
    Left to right: all Webers - mandocello, octave mandolin, mandola, mandolin, and the Weber sweet pea (excellent for backpacking).
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you apply oil to your fretboard?

As a luthier, I say do not oil the fingerboard.
    If you feel that you must use oil, use an essential oil. Essential oils evaporate, and therefore do not accumulate in the wood and under the frets...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass Jam…just kidding.

Open jams can be hit or miss. At this point I just go to play some music, socialize, and get out of the house. My expectation of the jam being excellent is pretty low, that way when it is really good...
  9. Thread: Strap problem

by dhergert
    Replies
    Views

Re: Strap problem

For an instrument with such a small neck joint and 8 high tension strings, it scares me to think of using a strap connection anywhere on the neck, especially when there's such a good place on the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap problem

One thing I like about the added weight of a Tone Gard and arm rest is that it helps that balance point some. I do still use some pressure on my right forearm at the arm rest to help keep it stable...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: 90% of us can’t do this.

Elana James has the making faces thing down pat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsg52rkGeYc
  12. Re: Testing TSA this weekend with Klos Travel Guitar

I only travel with wood mandolins but have never had an issue with TSA. I didn’t realize this was a huge issue for mandolin players…
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Scotland / Ireland

These girls both play in a band called The Kinnaris Quintet, who are very popular.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Late Night Trashy Mandolin Music

It's the anniversary of the report of Late Night Trashy Mandolin Music played yards from Cafe headquarters on this date 1890. Long live Late Night Trashy Mandolin Music.
  15. Replies
    Views

Randy Meisner @ 77 - RIP

Randy died Wednesday July 26 … an awesome talent, The Eagles fans will know the story how Randy left “Take It To The Limit” out of the encore one night, Glenn Fry got physical with him, and Randy...
  16. New album from Baron Collins-Hill and Noah Fishman

Baron Collins-Hill (of Mandolessons.com) and Noah Fishman recently released a new album of mandolin (and mandolin family) duets. I hadn’t seen any posts on this yet, so I wanted to spread...
  17. Replies
    Views

Jim Richter Mandolin Blues Lick of the Day

Hello all. I'm launching a new series of quick videos each day of blues mandolin licks. The videos will be on YouTube with explanation to figure them out; tablature will be through my Patreon site....
  18. Our trip to Weber Mandolins and interview Ryan Fish

We recently made a trip to Bend, OR and visited with Ryan Fish the new owner and builder of Weber Mandolins to get an update on the brand. I can't wait to get our first mandolin in this newest...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

Down Home Waltz-- great tune and played beautifully. Thank you.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Sad news

Sad news. And yes, a very nice fellow indeed.
    And a true virtuoso. He took the instrument on paths that no one else dares to tread, not even now.

The last time I saw him, The Virginia Boys and...
  21. Replies
    Views

Farewell Trion

I recently uploaded a couple of videos of this tune to YouTube. Here's a link to my solo mandola version. Thanks for listening!

https://youtu.be/Rz0_MFzcFIQ
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Bussman passes

It is with my saddest heart to announce the passing of my good friend of 37 years Bill Bussman. So many around the world knew him through his luthier talents with Old Wave Mandolins. I know this from...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Bussman passes

This pretty much hits the nail on the head:

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/former-new-mexico-farmer-morphs-into-master-mandolin-maker/
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Yet Another CF Mandolin?

Thank you all for all your input, and opinions, we’ll make this thing a little beauty, you guys will love!

In response to all your comments:
    -I wasn’t planing on making fingerboard extensions, so...
  25. Arpeggiato online school for plucked string instruments

Thought we'd share information about Arpeggiato, an online school focused virtual education for plucked string instruments of all types. It was created during the pandemic by the husband and wife...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4