Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Donna Stoneman’s birthday today

Thanks for the post Gary. Although I've been a Mandolin Cafe member since 2004 I've only been playing for two years and I'm just becoming acquainted with the mandolin greats. So now I know about...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: A Turkish oud I've just finished

Very nice! I had never heard of an oud until last Thursday at a concert in the park. There was a classical guitarist performing who played a lute on a couple of songs. He said it's predecessor was...
  3. Working on tremelos. Good trick or am I cheating myself?

In my search for tips on playing tremolos I'm often led to archived Mandolin Cafe threads. Some mention using one of the fatter edges of the pick. I've tried it and it works great! I'm just wondering...
  4. Re: "Deșteaptă-te, române!" (Romanian National Anthem)

Beautiful!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Note of thanks to Baron Collins-Hill

I definitely credit Baron Collins-Hill for getting me started on my way. I have a list of my ten favorite songs I learned from his site that I go over as part of my every day drills. The backing...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What on earth are you doing?

It's funny you should mention out of time foot tapping while playing. I noticed I was doing the same thing myself just yesterday and attempted to correct it. I found out it's going to be a process.