Search:

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Linda Lou my Gibson

I just posted 6 Pics of the Gibson. Sharon sent them to me by text.

- - - Updated - - -
  2. Replies
    Views

She sent me these 6 photos.
    Should you need more or specific shots let me know;)
  3. Replies
    Views

Hi Sharon. Bill Kammerzell here. I was texting with you last night and recommended Mike E. I dont know how you logged on but if you used your phone go to full web version scroll down from your post...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Bourgeois Mandolins!

Yes. I just purchased a Mint Condition M5A for 1500 dollars. If I’m correct in reading the serial number it is a November 2022 build. Well built, fully bound, James tailpiece with Golden Age tuners....
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Montana Lutherie

Nice! Cherries were fantastic this year!
  6. Replies
    Views

Montana Lutherie

I just did have my 1st experience and complete my initial transaction with Montana Lutherie and I have to say it was a totally satisfactory experience. I'd been shopping around for quite some time...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Early Givens?

Vintage Mandolins Bio of Givens. Says as much

http://www.vintagemandolin.com/givens_history.html
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's guitar

I know I once saw a photo of Bill showing Tony Rice how to play guitar. My guess is that took some real Brass?
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Crossrock Mandolin Cases

Don't know if I posted this. Crossrock also makes Molded ABS Cases at half the price. Not that anyone would be interested. However, I was at Amazon Warehouse about a year ago and saw a Crossrock...
  10. Re: I am considering a Lafferty LF-5B....

Just purchased a Lafferty LA5B from the Mandolin Store. I saw it at the Café Classifieds and went to the Mandolin Store website. Contacted the Mandolin Store by email with a few questions as to the...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Heron Creek on Baltimore Craigs

Some sad news on Heron Creek Mandolins. I see Heron Creek was recently added to the Builder Data Base here in November of 2021. A few days ago I contacted Irv Smoot, the owner and builder, by...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Kelley two-point mandolin

Hope to catch up with you at Swannanoa or Bibey Camp over the next year or two Drew and you can try it out.
  13. Replies
    Views

Oh I am Don. Thank you very much. It's one of those rare finds you only dream about.
  14. Replies
    Views

My 2017, Skip Kelley, Offset Two point #063 arrived yesterday. I've only put it down when I went out jogging, slept and ate. I honestly expected a lot when I bought this. Besides all the good stuff I...
  15. Replies
    Views

I see you have the latest one. Mine should be here Monday, July 19th.
  16. Replies
    Views

It will be mine very soon. :grin: I hope it gets shipped today. I want to thank Skip, Bud and Drew, for responding to my PM's. You guys really helped me out Brothers! :)
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Photo of Orville Gibson

That makes sense. Come to think of it, in some ways that hasn't changed at all.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Crossrock Mandolin Cases

The Crossrock ABS cases sell for considerably less. New, about one-half the price at around $115.00 each. I found one (An ABS Crossrock) at Amazon warehouse for $63.00. Open Box. I've gotten other...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Unsigned Loar on Reveb

Similar to an unsigned personal check being worth considerably less than one that is signed.
  20. Replies
    Views

Father's Day came early. I brought my Heron Creek Mandolin, #5 (Bought used) to the B-Chord Brewery March 27th. About five different people played it and really enjoyed it. Recently I ended up...
  21. Replies
    Views

B Chord Brewing, Northern Virginia

Went to a nice, safe, outdoor venue last Saturday, March 27th in Loudon County Virginia. B-Chord Brewery. Three bands. Wicked Sycamore, Dirty Grass Players and Jakobs Ferry Stragglers. Plenty of room...
  22. Replies
    Views

Here's another Craigslist listing on a Heron Creek from only a few days ago I believe. Another from Baltimore.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Build RAG Mandolins

I am very happy with my Roy Gordon. I purchased number 40 in April of 2020. The sound is great and the playability is excellent. Terrific volume. Very well made. My mandolin instructor who plays...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Help with a purchase decision

I'd go with the Kentucky KM-850. I've played around with all the old Martin's and Gibson's I've ever wanted to.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Stolen Mandolin

Good to hear the mandolin is back with the rightful owner. I just purchased (legally) Hinde MF-7. I can honestly say, as I've already told Steve Hinde, that it is far and away the loudest, clearest,...
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4