Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: On Reverb: Epi archtop mandocello conversion

Just FYI. This is not a vintage Masterbuilt. This is a newer made over seas model. Still might be a good instrument though. I have a 50's Epi Byron I had converted. Best mandocello I've played.
  2. Re: On Reverb: 1920s Leland Brilliantone (Larson Bros.) mandocell

I have walked down the street and played this numerous times.

At the moment, it is tuned a full step down from GDAE, so it is more like an octave mandolin. I was told that the owner would capo it...
  3. Lloyd Loar's Obituary from Fretted Instrument News

Joe Spann shared this with us today and gave us the OK to post on the forum. Larger version available if you click the image below.

4. Replies
    Views

Tenor Guitar Tunebook (CGDA) updated

Just a quick note to say that I've revised and updated my free Tenor Guitar Tunebook - up from 41 tunes to 51 tunes.

As before - just stuff I've liked over the years.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Epiphone Firebird Mandolin on CL

So is that a good price? Doesn't sound like much. I don't think they make the 8 string versions any more but do they still make those? Don't think much of the color though.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't you love ads like this?

Post your ad above his:

"I got a very nice electric guitar brand new strings call or text for info and pics $500 or obo or trade for Kentucky a style mandolin in good condition"
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: F5LOAR ( Tom Isenhour) article

Thanks guys. The Blue Rock Café Museum is open 24 hours 7 days a week IF I am here to show it. Just need to make an appointment as many of you have to come see it. Allow at least 2 hours for the...
  8. Replies
    Views

F5LOAR ( Tom Isenhour) article

Just got through reading an article on Bluegrass Today website about our very own F5Loar. The article talks about his personal collection of memorabilia that includes many Bluegrass artists and other...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Sheet music for solo mandolin

Maybe... but the music of Raffaele Calace is prob much better than his cousin Gabe. :)
  10. Replies
    Views

Flight of the bumblebee

I just had to share this. Enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxoyg90hPGQ#t=15
  11. Re: This is what I get from browsing eBay late at night

You've got to be careful when it's late and you find yourself on Ebay. I was once sipping Jack Daniels and the following morning discovered I'd bid on a beach buggy. I can't tell you the relief I...
  12. 1938 F-5s!!!: #2 and #3 from the 801-D batch

An Absolutely Marvelous find just landed in Mandolin Central: a pair of consecutively serial numbered F-5s, number 2 and number 3 of the factory order number 801-D batch from 1938...and, they are in...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Ebay Gibson A-9 - What the F^#* ???????

You guys are so cynical! Look at the seller's handle, composed of two great American icons, Johnny Cash and JFK. If that doesn't inspire confidence in his integrity, what will?
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage Women with Vintage Gibsons

I always got a kick out of Gibson's bass banjo, especially picturing a cute flapper gal with it. Bet they didn't sell many of these.

15. Replies
    Views

Re: I get most of my students from Craigslist

My understanding is that they are already requesting Elvis.
  16. Replies
    Views

1923 Gibson K-5 Mandocello Sighting

I ran across this blog http://onemanz.com/guitar/lloyd-loar-gibsons/ where the author briefly describes an afternoon spent with some amazing instruments. The one that really caught my eye is what is...
  17. Replies
    Views

Mandocello Videos

There are getting to be many fine videos of mandocellos on YouTube. So here are three I like today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lv-zmt4kgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCoYskNcN-s...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: 1920's K-4 on London (UK) CL

I believe those pictures were the same pictures used in a 2012 ebay auction. I strongly suspect a scam.

Take a look here (sales price was $12,100):
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Women with mandolins photo

I tried to get that photo for you guys and bid what I thought was an outrageous sum, but two bidders wanted it even more BION. Oh well. I hope the winner was someone who is a member here.

Greg:...
  20. Replies
    Views

Women with mandolins photo

What a great photo of vintage beauties!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Girls-String-Music-Band-Mandolin-Guitar-Photo-Grand-Rapids-MI-/111001565667?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item19d83579e3
    NFI