Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Ed Elliott's Paul Bigsby Inspired Mandolins

Here's a couple more of my Bigsby Inspired Mandolins.194632194633194634194635
  2. Ed Elliott's Paul Bigsby Inspired Mandolins

I've been building some Bigsby Inspired Mandolins, though I'd share some photos.
  3. Re: 1952 Bigsby inspired 5 string Electric Mandolins

Here's a finshed one, this one now lives in Chicago, l'm starting a new batch soon. Some asked where I got my pickups and what the scale was, scale lenth
    13 7/8, I make all the pickups and custom...
  4. Re: 1952 Bigsby inspired 5 string Electric Mandolins

Findly getting one put together, took a while to carve out the all the aluminium goodies. Can't wate to play it.
  5. Re: 1952 Bigsby inspired 5 string Electric Mandolins

Here's a few photos of the painting.
  6. Re: 1952 Bigsby inspired 5 string Electric Mandolins

L171482
    Sprayed sealer today on all 5 of the instruments I'm building.One of my mandolins is sold, one is still available, stay tuned for more photos.
  7. Re: 1952 Bigsby inspired 5 string Electric Mandolins

Well friends, I findly got back out into the shop this weekend, finished up the necks for my Bigsby Tiny Moore style mandolins. Did the mother of pearl inlays, fretting, binding and shaped the backs...
  8. Re: 1952 Bigsby inspired 5 string Electric Mandolins

Managed to get my 2 necks ruffed out. These are flame maple, ebony fingerboars and black walnut burl head overlays.Going to start doing inlays tonight.
  9. Re: 1952 Bigsby inspired 5 string Electric Mandolins

Well I managed to get out into the shop, routed the binding slots bound the front and back and sanded both bodies. Picked out a nice piece of 5A flame maple big enough to make 2 necks and a couple...
  10. 1952 Bigsby inspired 5 string Electric Mandolins

I think I've caught the Bigsby bug, I've been wanting to build bunches of Tiny Moore style mandolins for a long time, I've tooled up, here's the first 2 bodies I built yesterday, going to saw out...