Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: The Change That I See in Bluegrass Over The Past 20 Years.

A former-pro buddy of mine, Marshall Billingsley (Bluegrass Alliance, in the lineup with Vince Gill) switched from his doghouse to uke bass in recent years. Just so much easier for home to carry...
  2. Replies
    Views

Christmas Mando Family Quartet

I did this quite a few years ago. If you aren't sick of Christmas music by now, this might do the trick. :))
  3. Thread: DolinmanX

by diptanshu
    Replies
    Views

Re: DolinmanX

hey, had to do this as a cheat video. (I usually never do it) I mean I recorded the song in my hotel room at night with one zoom H6n that I carried for my trip, and monitored that sound and played...
  4. Re: Ultimate Vintage Snakeheadedness and Chocolatey Goodness

I am working on a coffee-table mandolin book which will include scratch and sniff feature for every mandolin. :)
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for help with Jenny Lynn.

Hey Jordan,
    They are playing it in A. I think it's a Bm in the chorus--the mandolin player kind of messes up the chords there but that's what I'm hearing. Definite B major in the verses.
    Kickoff...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Tell me why not: Carbon fiber bracing.

You can save yourself a lot of time and trips into blind alleys by doing some reading first. I'll second Peter Coombe's recommendation of the Gore & Gilet book, and add a few more recommendations. ...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Tell me why not: Carbon fiber bracing.

I use carbon fiber tow on the tops of the main structural braces on my flat top mandolins. It is glued to the brace with Epoxy after the braces have been shaped. The braces are feathered at each...
  8. Replies
    Views

Butch Baldassari Tunes

With the recent release of the recordings of Butch Baldassari playing Monroe tunes with the orchestra, I thought we should have a thread where people could post some of Butch's great tunes. Or you...
  9. Thread: DolinmanX

by diptanshu
    Replies
    Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsjPI6rv5gk
  10. Re: Best bluegrass rhythm guitar instructional book?

The stuff Dan Miller put together at Flatpicking Magazine is top notch.

https://flatpickdigital.com/view_book.php?eid=94
  11. Re: Are you ready for a new Carbon/Kevlar Sorensen mandolin?

All,

Thank you for the kind words and questions. Here are answers for a few --

Bill McCall -- asking about "cross grain" stiffness: One of the interesting traits of Kevlar is that is strong...
  12. Replies
    Views

Poll: Re: Do you use a Tone Gard?

If you hold your instrument against your body, you probably diminish the sound somewhat. If you hold your instrument at a 45 degree angle from you body, with the back not against yourself, it...
  13. Replies
    Views

Pentatonic Scales Primer

Hey all

Today's mandolin technique focuses on the pentatonic scales. This is a primer lesson that covers the basic G major and E minor pentatonic scales.

Mostly this focuses on what...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Adiaha's Bluegrass Camp

I'm posting from a hotel room in Munich where I'm recovering from Adiaha's. It was indeed a great and productive experience. The community could not have been more welcoming, both personally and...
  15. Replies
    Views

Monroe Camp Instructors Concert

At the Birthplace of Country Music Museum in Bristol TN. 100 seat theatre exclusive to camp students. Music starts around 19:30. Spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11SZtOTfB70
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: PLEASE! A few Mandola pieces

A couple with my Trillium mandola (tuned CGDG). It's a fun instrument although I'm probably more comfortable on bouzouki. We're playing for a local church's video services. I can only play Nearer...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Music from Central France

Fun new video from La Machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ09JwCfpHY
  18. Replies
    Views

Humbuckers

Greetings..... a quick "heads up"......

Following my retirement last year, I passed on my recipes and winder to Chris at Belvoir Guitars and he is now confident enough to offer them for sale...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: 5-string mandolin for beginner?

The issue with string tension on a standard scale 5 string mandolin is that its hard to get a good balance across the strings. My experience has been that there is no middle range but only extremes,...
  20. Thread: DolinmanX

by diptanshu
    Replies
    Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTbKem6ucBc&lc=UgyMye4sk7HLKwLMNPB4AaABAg&fbclid=IwAR1u5B4eV31nM1EIlprxA_cXpbFRFb7XeZszXl4QC mG6xokgET3idsRJ4J4

#playmusicontheporchday
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Not "on" the bench. But recently left the bench and headed to Green Mountain Bluegrass & Roots in Manchester, VT. Andy built this instrument for the festival's instrument raffle to raise funds for a...
  22. Replies
    Views

Workshop in Chester, UK

It’s been a tough few years for running events, but I am delighted to say that we are finally back up and running and able to run our 4th ever ‘Mandolin Day with Mike Giverin’.

Mandolin Day with...
  23. Dawg Waltz - Tommy Emmanuel & David Grisman

Transcribed from the audio recording:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyPgNiArQI

You can download my transcription here:...
  24. Thread: JD Crowe

by sunburst
    Replies
    Views

Re: JD Crowe

I do not know, but my first guess would be Paganoni.
    (Mostly just posting to see if I turn out to be correct when somebody who actually knows comes along.)
  25. Thread: Rigel Q95 BUILD

by CES
    Replies
    Views

Re: Rigel Q95 BUILD

Happy CT-110 owner here. Rigel's have bolt on necks and their backs/sides were carved from solid pieces of maple, so their geometry and look is a bit different. I haven't noticed any cracks or...
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4