Search:

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Run by Collective Soul - with Mandolin, Fiddle, etc.

https://youtu.be/chezY6UAMH8?feature=shared

^^^ CS is one of my all-time favorite bands. This cover is insanely well-done! Thought some here might enjoy.
  2. Replies
    Views

Sighting of Our Fearless Leader!

“Mire Pral” featuring our Fearless Leader, Scott Tichenor, playing some amazing Gypsy jazz in Kansas City tonight!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Another mandolin stand question

Another vote for violin stand.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Another mandolin stand question

I've been using an Ingles Violin stand for years. I like it because the instrument is locked into the stand and the pads are real rubber.
  5. Replies
    Views

Favorite mandolin playing beverage?

What’s your favorite drink that accompanies your mandolin playing?

For me, it depends on when I’m playing.

Weekday night after the wife and kids are asleep, I’ll have a tea on the side.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Live Mic for Mandolin Recommendations

If you are playing with electric guitars and a drummer, you'll need a pickup to get enough volume. It doesn't matter what mic you try; you won't get enough gain before feedback. You may need an...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Frank Solivan and ToneSlabs picks

I received my ToneSlab pick yesterday. Triangle shaped 1.4mm, light blue color. I like it quite a lot so far. Compared to my blue chip CT-55 it has similar playability but a little brighter tone.
  8. Re: I like the new D'Addario Chris Thile casseine pick (NFI)

I bought mine last year, about 2 weeks into my new mandolin journey. No regrets at all.
  9. Replies
    Views

NMD: Northfield F5S Amber

Hello all,

I am a bit late posting this as the mandolin arrived last Thursday, but I just wanted to spend some time getting to know it and hadn't taken any pics.

After recently selling two...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: 3 unrelated mando questions

1) TC UniTune is more $$ but superior for Mandolin IMO. Fast, decisive, accurate. If you want strobe tuning for setting intonation, go with the Polytune.

2) I have one mandolin that produces...
  11. Andrew and Emily of Watchhouse Band hit by car in crosswalk

Pictures says it all, luckily he says he'll recover. Saw just now on Instagram and thought worth sharing. In our thoughts, for sure!

Dear friends, last night in Iowa City the two of us were...
  12. Replies
    Views

Some Original Bluegrass Tunes

Windermere County Breakdown:
  13. Replies
    Views

Blues Mandolin - One Way Out

Hi Everyone,

Hope you’re all great. :-)

Here’s an Elmore James song transposed to the mandolin. It was tricky finding a way to establish a rhythm luck for it, but the saxophone part actually...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Broken cheap mandolin

Hang it on the wall as a warning to your other instruments to behave *or else* :)
  15. Replies
    Views

Peter Ostroushko

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was the anniversary of Peter Ostroushko's passing and I just wanted to post today in memory of him and his music. If you are looking for beautiful music to inspire you...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New Player at age 63

Hi Mike. I'm 73 and have been playing guitar for 50-some years, and mandolin for about 10. Here's my advice, and of course, others may feel differently:
    1. If at all possible, go to a shop or shops...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Jethro Burns transcription

Hi Jazz and Swing Mandolin lovers!

The old link doesn't work anymore.
    But this one will lead you:

http://jrpmandolin.com/Tabs%20&%20Notes.htm

Have a great day!
    -Jesper
  18. Re: Where do the names F-style and A-style actually come from?

I always thought it was called an F because of the F-holes, and an A for similar reasons.
  19. Sierra Hull - “Lonesome Moonlight Waltz” (Bill Monroe) at Sunrise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjrIZ1ITEy4
  20. Thread: Calhoun case?

by Zmando85
    Replies
    Views

Re: Calhoun case?

You could also put a call into Elderly Instruments. They seem to have a Calhoun in stock, as well as a variety of cases. I'm sure they'd be willing to check the fit on a few different options for you.
  21. Re: Mandolinist for Sister Sadie rerun last night on Opry Livestr

Mary Meyer—she was introduced as the newest member. She was featured on Mandolin Mondays a while back.
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/entries/1485-Mandolin-Mondays-303-w-Special-Guest-Mary-Meyer
  22. Replies
    Views

The newest hot mandolin accessory!

I got a tone gard and an arm rest for Christmas but this might be my favorite thing.
    My daughter (pictured) made this for me.

She could make a small fortune on Etsy (assuming she starts with a...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Speaker size for 4-string emando amplifier

The virtues of the Quilter MicroPro Mach 2 8" amp have been discussed extensively here. Great little amp ... but not exactly cheap.
  24. Replies
    Views

There's lots of good little amps in your price bracket Roland/Boss Cubes and katanas, blackstar core, Fender Mustang. Also used ones: DV Mark, Yamaha THR or ZT Lunchbox, you shd try as many as you...
  25. Replies
    Views

There are a lot of good little robust amps in the Roland range. Your mando has magnetic pickups, so I'd suggest you might first first try electric guitar amps. They're usually designed round the...
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4