Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: TI strings

by WoodyCTA102
    Replies
    Views

Re: TI strings

Wow. Had no idea we had someone making such beautiful instruments in Atlanta. The mandolins, etc., on your site are incredible.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: FIRST Octave on the way! Pono MND-20C

Sounds very good, nice and deep with good sustain. I’ve had a couple, and pretty much make up tunes, chords, and drone all night long. My current Octave is really a Bouzouki, that I’m tuning ADAD...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola lovers

As part of my downsizing in preparation for retirement, I recently sold my Weber mandolin.

I'm keeping my Bridger Mandola, a Bouzouki, one guitar (have a few to sell), a few ukes, and a bass. ...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitar newbie

I have one of the early BlueRidge BR40-T. It does have a truss rod, some did not.

Previously, I had an early 1930s Martin 0-18T that was a super excellent tenor. I did sell it when I started...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Bridger OM: Sierra Hull

I’d love to have a Bridger Octave like that. I have a 2002 Bridger Mandola that is just wonderful, but would really like an Octave. What you heard on the video is why. And, they look and play great.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Speed Neck on "vintage" instrument

I think a polished neck with flame is one of the prettiest part of a nice mandolin. I just don’t like the so-called speed neck, but can live with one where the gloss has been lightly removed with...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola strings CGDA

Yes, CGDA.
  8. Re: New VS Old Strings Sample Recordings (D'Addario EXP74 vs EJ74

I'm in the minority, but I love the sound of new strings. Sometimes they take a couple of hours to settle in, but after a couple of weeks it's time to change. I do have corrosive hands, but over...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola strings CGDA

I have a 2002 Weber Bridger Mandola with 17" scale. I've used those sets and they are fine. But my favorite is the D'Addario Octave Mandolin set -- .012 - .022 - .032 - .046. They are just as...
  10. Re: Girouard Mandolins Now at The Music Emporium

Man, that oval hole sounds really nice on the video. The A5 does too.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin

I've had a 505 for four or five months. I like it a lot. Had to work with it -- strings, picking style, picks, action height, etc. -- to get a good bottom end. After a couple of months of steady...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins with darker tones.

Strings can make a big difference, try GHS silk and steel or silk and bronze. Might as well try some Elixir Nanos. The Thomastiks are nice too. Picks and where you pick can make a big difference. ...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange's New Mandolin

Got into them a few years ago. They have 5 or 6 great albums and there are a lot of free videos. Their live stuff it quite good too. Great, honest music.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman 515 Finish

I've had a 2016 Eastman 505 for several months. At the beginning, it was a little weak, but still very good for the price. I sold all my mandolins almost 10 years ago and concentrated on Guitar and...