Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Big Muddy MW-11 in Cincinnati

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/188702434

Looks to be in great shape, case included--it's a pick-up-in-person only item, or I'd have kept it a secret and tried to get it myself. I've been curious...
  2. Re: Opinions on the Thomann (or other cheap) mandocellos?

Well, I've pulled the trigger on the Thomann Artist mandocello; the website claimed at checkout that it would be here this Friday, but I don't believe that for a second, unless there's one sitting in...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: eBay flat tops - would ya?

Well, I came to a better solution. I had a hammered dulcimer that I'd partially restored that was gathering dust. I just wasn't playing it very much, so I decided I'd gauge the interest level:...
  4. PSA: you should try an actual mandolin pick!

Attention guitar converts and mandolin newbies:

If you currently believe, like I did until recently, that a pick is a pick, and that your pick collection from your guitar days is fine, and that...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: eBay flat tops - would ya?

I considered using that mixed metaphor too, as well as "farming for loose change," "dialing for unicorns," and "scouring for flavors."

...Also, it took great strength of will to not respond...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Laurel vs Yanny

I LOVE it when internet trends give me a chance to share obscure knowledge! *puts on square cap and robe*
    The voice is saying "Laurel," but there are a lot of acoustic and psychoacoustic factors...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: keys that don't sound good

Nice! Got my BA from St. Olaf College, 2007. My theoretical knowledge greatly outpaces my chops, so at least I can feel good-ish about that while everyone else here plays circles around me.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: keys that don't sound good

Because there is, technically, such a note as Fb, E#, Cb,and B#. E# sounds exactly like F natural, but from a pure theory perspective, one does not function exactly like the other. Let's say you're...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Baritone ukulele conversion

I picked up a cheapie Caramel baritone uke to do exactly this! I calculated out two string sets for it--cello CGDA and octave mandolin GDAE. After stringing it up as a cello first, I felt like the...