Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Mandolin - Brothers Osborn - Tequila Again

Not Bluegrass? No apologies needed. You might as well say it’s not jazz, it’s not klezmer, it’s not classical. Who cares. It’s nice mandolin!

Funny, i have a song i wrote a long time ago that i...
  2. Replies
    Views

Simple YouTube slowdowner (bookmarklet)

Hi everyone,

Thanks to the slowdowner on Free Bluegrass Backing Tracks (fbbts.com), I recently found out about the playbackRate attribute of the video and audio HTML5 elements.

So... I was able...
  3. Replies
    Views

What people think a mandolin is...

Sorry if this has been posted here before--as it may very well have been...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/cflstampman/Guitars/jan29gtrmando.jpg
  4. Replies
    Views

New mandolin video lesson on doublestops

Howdy folks!

I just posted a new addition to my series of video mandolin lessons called "What Is A Doublestop?" Enjoy! (Even if you know what doublestops are, it's worth watching as a study in...
  5. Re: Has anyone taken a crack at Sierra Hull's Tennessee Waltz?

OK, ran through a bit of this last night (um, maybe 10 seconds worth!). I can make those first 10 seconds sound pretty good, but what an amazing player Sierra Hull is.

What kills me is how...
  6. Re: Has anyone taken a crack at Sierra Hull's Tennessee Waltz?

Here's what she plays in the first video. Gorgeous arrangement, super creative and super difficult. It was also a complete bear to transcribe (as I'm sure a few of you have figured out). Try not...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Arpeggios vs. Pentatonic scale

I am a big fan of pentatonic scales used as both a key center or as an extended arpeggio. Here is a short video I produced showing an intermediate to advanced technique using pentatonic scales as...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Slowing down You Tube video?

If you use Safari you can download Youtube videos using [command+option] A. Once you've got the video, you can watch it on quicktime, and slow it down with [command] K. Easy.