Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Ceccherini 10 string mandolin in Belfast, advice needed

Thanks Jim, it has certainly been a tough year. The best thing to happen in 2020 for me is taking up the mandolin - a friend and fellow violinist had become totally addicted to playing mandolin and...
  2. Re: Ceccherini 10 string mandolin in Belfast, advice needed

My Grandmother's mandolin arrived back yesterday from John Maddock - it looks and sounds so much better! I am thrilled to be able to play it now. Thanks to Martin Jonas for recommending John....
  3. Re: Ceccherini 10 string mandolin in Belfast, advice needed

Thank you Martin - I am so glad to hear that these are well-regarded instruments - you obviously know a great deal about Ceccherini mandolins. I really enjoyed hearing and seeing you play one. I...
  4. Re: Ceccherini 10 string mandolin in Belfast, advice needed

Thanks Allen, I too am curious about playing on the triple courses. My fingers are not big, but neither were my Grandmothers and she played it - so we will see. I am taking it to be looked at next...
  5. Re: Ceccherini 10 string mandolin in Belfast, advice needed

My Eastman is the flatback MD504 which I love playing and was well set up by Eagle Music. The idea of an older Italian bowl back is delightful and there is the sentimental attachment of it being my...
  6. Ceccherini 10 string mandolin in Belfast, advice needed

I have been given my Grandmother's Ceccherini mandolin - she played in a mandolin trio with her sisters in the late 1920's/early 1930's. It hasn't been played since then. I am a violin teacher who...