Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor Guitar Gallery & Sightings

Dylan playing at Newport in '64. He's not playing a tenor, but the guy seated behind him has one leaning against him.

Funny, I've had this video on my computer for years (since before I played...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Mike Marshall's Loar?

Here's a video of it in action in Mike's hands. Of course, those who have taken his ArtistWorks course will recognize the tune. Still, I think he plays it exceptionally. Sounds great!

3. Replies
    Views

Used my tenor in a school project

I made this video for a graduate creative writing course. The prompt was to "shoot and edit a TV commercial promoting something you like, hate, or are otherwise interested in or compelled by in some...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Help Identify This Old Gibson I Bought

Found some time to record this today!

https://youtu.be/D3nPKMkRHOY
  5. Replies
    Views

Just got it in the mail last night! I'll post some videos and photos in the next day or two. I absolutely love this thing!

I also picked up a room humidifier and a Fender Pro Junior. It's safe to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Thank you both for recommendations. I am now thinking a room humidifier might be the best option. I'll be moving into a studio-sized space and bringing three guitars. So, I think I'll look for one of...
  7. Replies
    Views

@rcc, thanks. I will put in an order for a humidifier later today. If you have any recommendations for specific ones, I'm all ears.

@Charles, thanks a lot! I feel fortunate to have it heading my...
  8. Replies
    Views

Help Identify This Old Gibson I Bought

I just bought this old Gibson archtop (:mandosmiley:!). Credit to pheffernan for finding it, and even further credit to him for showing it to me instead of buying it himself. :)
    Can't wait for it to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Hollow Body Electric Tenors

Wow, Charles, thanks for the info. So, it sounds like no need to take it to a luthier or shop to get it set up with the pickup then. That's great!

And holy camoly, that video you linked is...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Hollow Body Electric Tenors

Thanks for all the responses thus far, everyone.

@phef
    Wow, that's certainly a beautiful one. Dare I email to ask about the price?

@Lord
    Thanks, got your message and just replied. You...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: How much will it sell for?

Looks fantastic. I have been wanting a hollow body electric tenor for a while now. I keep coming back to this too: https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/153329#153329

They're quite similar.
  12. Re: Any idea where I can find more music like this?

Thanks very much for the suggestions! Sounds like I have quite a few starting points. I'll report back once I've had a chance to check them out. In the meantime, if anyone thinks of any other ideas,...
  13. Any idea where I can find more music like this?

I love the simple, nostalgic melody and simple chord progression of this song. I would love to know where I can find more music like this. This (recorded in the '90s) is Andrew Bird's take on an...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Amistar/Leewald tenor guitars

I have never played one, but I did find this video. Maybe you've already seen it. How much does one of their tenors cost, if you don't mind me asking?

15. Re: While nonmusicians post "You're not hungry, you're bored"...

Sorry to be yet another devil on your shoulder (or angel depending on how you look at it), but I also support the others. And in my experience once mandolins start jumping into shopping carts, it's...
  16. Beautiful and Rare Gibson Tenor (NFI) (Owned by Dawg!)

Hey guys, I thought this might be worth posting here. I came across this tenor last summer in a small bar/guitar shop in Portland, OR called "Strum."

I had very little experience with tenors at...
  17. Re: Has Anyone Received Stimulus Check? (Possible Mandolin Conten

Just filed for it yesterday. How long does it tend to take?
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: where might one acquire a Mandocello?

Ok, a few things:

Realistically, I think it's going to be hard to find a place that rents mandocellos.

I know you emphasized that you don't have the budget to buy one at the moment, but still...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Multi trac apps?

No additional hardware needed. I use it with the phone mic and app only.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Multi trac apps?

Spire is easy to use and functions wonderfully. Simple to look at too, which is nice.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Hey Gunnar, I'm admittedly not even really a banjo fan (generally speaking), but I found your song and your playing to be awesome! Good stuff, keep it up. And dare I even say, don't hesitate to post...
  22. All My Loving - The Beatles (Cover) from Montana to Missouri!

My girlfriend and I recorded this during a roadtrip from my hometown (Missoula MT) to where she lives (St Louis, MO). Admittedly, it's not mandolin content, but I hope you all can enjoy regardless! I...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: NGD: Martin TEN515 - My first tenor!

Thanks so much for the replies everyone! I'm having a ton of fun with it, and I can't stop playing.

I can't wait to try recording this thing with a better mic and also to try out the pickup. That...
  24. Replies
    Views

NGD: Martin TEN515 - My first tenor!

I am thrilled to say that I just received my first tenor guitar a 2016(?) Martin TEN515.

And I owe a huge thank you to Cafe member pheffernan, who first made me aware of this guitar and helped me...
  25. Re: If your spouse just green-lighted an electric mando ...

If I were in your shoes (this is just for me personally), I might look for an electric tenor guitar. You can have it tune the same as an octave mandolin, so you'll be familiar with all the shapes and...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3