Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Home Recording Setup for Total Beginner?

Take a look at Spire Studio. It’s a small unit with a great mic and quiet preamps. It will record 8 tracks and works with your phone. Effects are good. Mixing is visual and easy as well. I have a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: The El Rey's Humbucker shines!

Add me to the new owner list! I got mine a few weeks ago, and holy cow! Sustain for days, and just a lot of fun to pick up and play.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: High Quality Short Scale Tenor Guitar?

I have the Kala too, and as you mentioned it’s a little thin sometimes. I was looking for a small tenor with a bit of a warmer sound and ended up buying a PONO steel string baritone uke. They make an...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Opinion about Gibson F-5G and F-9 new iterations

I stumbled upon an April 1, 2002 F9 "unicorn" a couple years ago, and scooped it up. I had no idea about the specifics, I just knew I wanted a real Gibson! When it arrived I was surprised to see it...
  5. Replies
    Views

Multi-Track Recording Made Easy (and I do mean easy!)

Hi guys!

As a long-time recording guy I thought I'd weigh in on the subject of "all in one" recording setups. Before embarking on my almost thirty year teaching career, I used to do a lot of live...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: What was under YOUR tree this Christmas?

I had an unexpected Christmas Day Arrival!

I bid on this really early Flatiron 1N - AND I WON!

Hope it will be here for New Year's.

Kurt
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Style not filled in on 2003 Gibson F9 decal

My F9 was 2nd out the door on April 1, 2002 and I have a flowerpot inlay on the headstock! So apparently on any given day, the factory mixed and matched "stuff" (labels and such) I don't think...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Cool headstock photo

My F9 unicorn "The Gibson" with flowerpot headstock inlay in black & white

9. Replies
    Views

Re: Amplifier for Mando Strat

I have a mandostrat 4 and 8, as well as an eastwood mandocaster. I recently was looking for something versatile, small and awesome sounding in an amplifier. I ended up with the yamaha THR10. It's a...