Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings Social Group

There is also a Collings forum with a mando section:
    http://collingsforum.com/groupee/forums
  2. Re: There is NO WAY that pinky is going to make it to the boardwa

Here is really good advice on positioning the left hand. From about 1:30 on Mike lays it all out.

https://youtu.be/NmagoBQunZI
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Questions about Weber Y2K Mandolin

God I luv this mandolin. Only a Bridger could be better! And this one is plenty loud, and the sustain is great!

Playing chords in chorus that comes to me, developed as I learned basic chords, and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Questions about Weber Y2K Mandolin

Spent 3 days in Salt Lake City, UT ... so I stirred up the hornet's nest. Not sure if was coincidence, Holy Intervention, or what, but after contacting FedEx's Customer Service via Social Media the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all and may we all prosper this year in every thing we do like never before.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Best A Style Mandolin around $2,000?

I like happy endings.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Best A Style Mandolin around $2,000?

Congratulations!! Now go play the finish off of it!!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Best A Style around $2,000?

It's so hard to help someone pick an A-style for $2000 when they really want an F-style for $3400! :)) Enjoy that White, Steve. I've been impressed with every one of Tyler's mandolins that I've seen...
  9. Replies
    Views

Well, I know I asked about an A style, but something came along that I had to jump on. I visited Tyler White at Pinehouse Guitars in Bloomington, IN last week and took home White #9. A tad more than...
  10. Thread: Happy New Year

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all my mandolin friends.

Especially to those brand new to the mandolin. Those whose first mandolin showed up under the tree less than a week ago. Welcome one and all to the...
  11. Re: Real Starter Mandolin recommendations around $400~ range?

Higher end Eastmans are better than lower end, from the hardware and such. Many have said the Eastman has the superior sound, but at the lower end of the line they don't have the best finish or...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Grading Used Instruments

There are some legitimate reasons to not send audio or video files. I learned this early on..... First it is impossible to record an accurate representation. The instrument may sound good, bad or...
  13. Re: Real Starter Mandolin recommendations around $400~ range?

After MUCH deliberation, debating on to buy used or new, and going over available resources have decided to order a Kentucky 272 from Elderly.com this evening. Looked like they may have gotten their...
  14. Replies
    Views

In the end, no substitute for having the instrument in your hands. None.

Which is why I advocate buying from sellers who will allow a trial period -- or, even better, patronizing your local or...
  15. Replies
    Views

Ahh, that explains it then. Seen a couple of Flatirons on Reverb that are of a good price range. I asked each one for a YouTube video, nothing elaborate, to see how well the mandolin plays. Two out...
  16. Replies
    Views

Look no further than a used Colling MT, shockingly great in every way. Great value in the market IMO.
  17. Replies
    Views

Nothing to add, but this thread is making me wonder at what point to quit saving. Everything mentioned here sounds great and is just a bit more than the 1200 I have. I also know that when I've...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Odd "A" style strap pin location????

I've seen this on some other instrument, and it's a bit risky -- if for some reason, one were to push down on the neck of the instrument. Not a likely occurrence, but a possible one. Headstocks...
  19. Replies
    Views

While I do tie around the headstock, I don't place the strap by the nut. I instead go past the first G tuner, and the second E tuner so it is out of the way. I much prefer the balance of this...
  20. Replies
    Views

That is just plain dumb, for all the reasons stated. The best place to add a mando strap pin is the same as on a guitar--on the treble string side of the heel block.

Thats what I do, but lots of...
  21. Replies
    Views

It my opinion that is not normal neither is it a good idea. It would be as much in the way as tied around the headstock and much more prone to slipping off letting mandolin fall.
  22. Re: rookie question: Weber -vs- Collings -vs- others

No, I haven't had the chance to play much of anything else. Got my Weber on ebay. I think I got a very good buy but I may have been a little (dumb) lucky on that. I'm sure not every late night...
  23. Re: rookie question: Weber -vs- Collings -vs- others

Just my advice, buy the Weber from one of the stores that support this site and if you don't like it they will take it back (call first to make sure) that was there policy awhile back and probably...
  24. Re: rookie question: Weber -vs- Collings -vs- others

I agree with the Fiddlers Green trip. I drove the 200 miles from Dallas to Austin for a conference last summer. Would much rather have driven there to choose my next mandolin.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Funny Weber ad...

A Masser of Yassers?
Page 1 of 2 1 2