Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Antique Pancake Mandolin Army Navy

Looks to me that some amateur "maker" had a neck of a US-made cheapo mandolin and built the body and stuck it all together. I can't tell for sure but it looks like he (or she?) used two unequal...
  2. Re: Estate of Bill Monroe Offers Rare Ownership of Prized Possess

Before my opinion becomes fully formed, I would be interested to know who currently owns this property and the rights, and why they're selling it off. Is it because the legacy of Bill Monroe has...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New Handel tuners

Tom's inlay business is Precision Pearl, Inc... precisionpearl.com They seem to make the inlay for half the higher end guitar makers in the US.
    He, of course, makes some pretty good mandolins...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Peghead Nation - Any users?

I am a member of peg head nation. I really love it! Instructional videos are broken down into sections. It is presented at a slow pace , then played at a more moderate tempo with rhythm backup. There...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Banjo Ben Clark Instruction

Another plus one for Banjo Ben. I did a three month membership and let it expire. I printed out a bunch of tabs and learned a bunch of songs that still need a lot of work from me to play them up to...
  6. Replies
    Views

I recently found his website and watched some mando lessons-found them to be very helpful, interesting, and well taught. enjoyed it very much.
    been considering signing up as I like a lot of the...
  7. Replies
    Views

I'm also a gold member. The fact that you can learn multiple instruments is a plus.

Also I like that it's so detailed, pick strokes and tempo of the songs .
    From beginner to more advanced

It...
  8. Replies
    Views

Ben is a stellar teacher and a genuinely nice guy. I am a gold member. What a great value.
  9. Replies
    Views

Banjo Ben Clark Instruction

zero affiliation with Ben FWIW.

I recently signed up as a gold pick member on Banjo Ben's site and I just wanted to let people know that I think he has a solid product. I'm posting because I like...
  10. NMD My Kentucky KM-805 Arrived and it Exceeds Expectations

I would like to review this instrument further in the near future, but I am flabbergasted. The Kentucky KM-805 is a beautiful mandolin with the headstock and block inlay very similar to the Gibson...
  11. Replies
    Views

Dubova Mandolin #21 + "hello"

Hello folks. First a quick intro 'hello' and tip-of-the-hat to everyone here in mandolin world. I've been building (trying) for past few years and figured I'd share some pixs of mandolin I just...