Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo...Which player...

Grisman the first for sure. Second, I'd have to say the late Butch Baldassari had beautiful tremelo. Mike Marshall has some of the best and really focuses on the dynamics of his tremelo (no doubt...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Artistworks vs Peghead Nation

I haven't taken any Peghead Nation lessons yet but they sure are tempting. I've been a member of Mike Marshall's school since 2020 and Sierra Hull's school since she started hers last August or so?...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Just read "MANDOLIN PRICING"

I think he used the grant to buy his SECOND Lloyd Loar!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Original Bluegrass/Oldtime Tunes in "Bb"

Rebecca is actually in B.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Jacob Jolliff, Standards Vol 1

It really is a fantastic album. If you haven't heard it, check out his duo album with Grant Gordy where they play a bunch of jazz standards.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Hey all, my bluegrass band recorded a few videos last week in an effort to start booking some gigs. Here's one our banjo player edited real nice. Hope you enjoy!
    j6im7cks694
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

This is great. Such nice and clean and "pure" playing. Nice!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mike Compton Rare & Fine

I just googled Skip since I have been wanting to get some of his mandolin-centric albums and looks like he has all of them available on his website! Gonna have to pick those up!
  9. Replies
    Views

Mike Compton Rare & Fine

I'm surprised nobody has started a thread about Mike's new album already. Just got my autographed copy in the mail two days ago and I've listened to it about 5-6 times so far. I can't find the words...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Stanley A5 #68

That axe sounds awesome, Don! Congrats! Probably gonna have to get rid of that Duff now, ehh!? ����
  11. Re: New Bela Fleck Album out - My Bluegrass Heart

You forgot Dominick Leslie, who plays on 5 of the 19 tracks. He has one of my favorite mandolin breaks on the album (Baptist Pumpkin Farm) and plays on Round Rock on the album.

Man, this album is...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: New Northfield A5 special coming my way

Thanks Iflngpicker! It really is fully the next level above my MT in absolutely every way possible. I am so damn happy with my purchase!!
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: New Northfield A5 special coming my way

Well it finally arrived around 10 this morning. Opened it up about an hour or so ago and am so enjoying this new sound for me. Obviously a little bit louder and fuller with greater bass response and...
  14. Replies
    Views

New Northfield A5 special coming my way

Hi all,
    I am so excited to be finally getting a new mandolin after playing my trusty Collings basic MT for about 11 years now.

A little backstory: almost 5 months ago I bought a used Northfield...
  15. Replies
    Views

Rockygrass 2021

Hey all,
    Just checking to see how many of you either went to Rockygrass or viewed it via the Mandolin.com stream. I ended up shelling out the rather cheap $50 for the option to stream all 3 days...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Grisman's mando at Rockygrass ID?

Bela Fleck on banjo, Chris Eldridge and Brian Sutton on Guitar, Michael Cleveland on fiddle, Mark Shatz on bass, Sam on mandolin and fiddle. It was epic! It was so cool to hear them play Swing 51...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Artistworks question

As a current student of ArtistWorks, and more of an intermediate player I have been sooooooo happy with having this resource. Even though it does take Mike around 10+ days to respond to your video...
  18. Replies
    Views

Bill’s Dream socially distanced

Hey all, my friend Colin put together this video of us playing “Bill’s Dream” by Bill Monroe. The guitar player recorded a backing track and we all recorded our parts with just our cell and then...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar and Mandolin Duos

Like fAtHanD....these 2 aren't exclusively mando and guitar but Caleb Klauder and Reeb Wilms is high up on my list:
    iezFgZyjes4&list=PL5A0E3928199DCCEC
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Cool Video On John Reischman's Mandolin

Yeah, that is one of my favorite mandolin videos of all time! It has been posted a couple of times before but it's always a good one to watch again, again, and again........
  21. Replies
    Views

Monroe 1981 Austin City Limits

Hi all,
    I just posted this in another thread but wanted to post it in a new one, also. Not sure if many have seen this but, man, it's a great one! Enjoy!

pElrsZa0gkE
  22. Re: Ruining a live performance in three easy steps...

Hi all,
    I was just watching this video and it made me remember this thread. Thile seems to put the clapping to rest pretty quickly while doing it in a way where he didn't sound like a jerk. Haven't...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Brian Oberlin on tour

I got to attend one of Brian's workshops on 12 July. It was only 4 of us present and each one of us ranged from rank beginner, intermediate (myself) to established player in both bluegrass and swing...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Thanks for the Thanks, Scott T.!

Journeybear, like I said in my original post, I DIDN'T look at the archives but typically think I'm pretty on with the announcements of new features, etc. on this site. I obviously missed this one! I...
  25. Replies
    Views

Thanks for the Thanks, Scott T.!

I may be slow in noticing this but I just wanted to say thanks to Scott T. and crew for giving the option to "thank" people for their posts. It's a nice feature that I just noticed a couple of days...
Page 1 of 2 1 2