Search:

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Friend of the devil

I have a tab of this from banjotom2, but don't know how to upload it. Happy to pass it along if somebody shoots me a pm. I don't know why it isn't posted any more, so I won't offer to do that.

I...
  2. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Hey John! I’m the current caretaker of Dave’s Nugget A5. Where are you based out of? I’m on the road a decent amount playing and if I’m coming through the area I can try and bring it and you can play...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: I miss the Classified Guitar posts....

I don't, honestly, and I play guitar at least as much as mandolin (neither not enough). And, there are a couple acoustic-guitar focused forums where I can find hundreds of guitars for sale, never...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: I miss the Classified Guitar posts....

I don’t miss the guitars posted in the mandolin section :mandosmiley:
  5. Re: Bluegrass Mandolin Jam Tunes by Rick Williams any good?

Road Trip !!
  6. Thread: Aged-tone?

by Iron
    Replies
    Views

Re: Aged-tone?

Before you make up your mind about torrified, play a Red Diamond.
  7. Thread: Aged-tone?

by Mark Gunter
    Replies
    Views

Aged-tone?

Aged-tone … What does that even mean? Tough enough to define “tone” much less aged-tone. So, do you believe in it? Is it a real thing?

Torrefication is a real process, we know that, but does...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

Thanks Sue and Chuck! Here's my 1st attempt to cover anything by John Reischman. I mean, the man is a monster. I'd give most anything to be that cool behind the controls... Thanks for the Listen!!...
  9. Replies
    Views

Mrs Jamieson's Favourite

This is a lovely Scottish slow air composed by Charles Grant, a 19th Century fiddler and composer from Morayshire.

My version is on octave, mandolin and guitar and based on an arrangement got from...
  10. Old Time Live Stream 8pm Eastern Last Tues Of Every Month

https://youtube.com/live/CChaL2OR9zA?feature=share
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Cafe Hat

Any input from those with fuller figured heads? Many "one-size fits all" hats are too small for my noggin.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: New OM on order

Happy to announce that my OM is complete. Here's the builder himself with a video he created a week before sending it across the pond -- certainly putting the instrument to better advantage than I...
  13. Re: Jam Etiquette / Rules Question - Should songs be banned

I have two thoughts about the song:

1) As a relative newcomer and (bluegrass) outsider looking in, I love Wagon Wheel... it's familiar and easy to play :)

2) When the jam I'm attending has...
  14. Re: John Reischman demonstrates a Lloyd Loar-signed F-5 that’s in

Here you go. First question. https://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001141.shtml
  15. Re: Gavin Baird Mandolin- looking for information!

Hi All,

Noah Baird here, Gavin's son. So nice to hear warm thoughts about my dad. He was a very special person to me and I'm glad he left such a positive impression on this community.

As I am...
  16. The Nashville Bluegrass Band and Roland White

I'm reading Bob Black's book on Roland White and have been listening to music he played on. In a world of playing all the possible notes you can fit into a space, Roland played just what the song...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday, Mandolin Cafe!

Happy birthday, MC!

I hope all members see fit to use the donate link again this year to send some bday presents and love offerings. A valuable resource, and so much more than just that, worth...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Tradition vs. Gibson Master Model

I have spent a lot of money hunting the right Mandolin and boots[smile]............Red Diamond and lucchese is my choice and I have had a few fine Mandolins and Boots.
    Best.........
  19. Re: Heiden's....the most expensive modern mandolin builder?

I've owned two Monteleone Grand Artist mandolins, one with f-holes, and an extremely rare oval hole, and I currently own a Heiden Heritage Model F-5 once owned by Ry Cooder.

Regarding new...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden A-5 Deluxe vs. Collings MF5-V

That's some gorgeous tone, Shaun. Really shows off the "round" tone Michael Heiden talks about.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden A-5 Deluxe vs. Collings MF5-V

Ive owned both and my Heiden won out. Had it for 16 years now. So much more depth and nuance to the tone. You can drive it hard or play it or play it soft and sweet and it does both perfectly. ...
  22. Re: Is Gibson Getting Ready to Roll Out Some New Models?

Regarding these Loar F5 tributes...

Brief history
    The "Gibson" most of us know and love was the original Parsons Street factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Orville Gibson was a lone builder, with an...
  23. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

I'm an odd one who like having both dots and tab on the same page (but having one or the other ONLY isn't an issue. I also like the effort you spend up front in the text. Very nice!

Jamie
  24. Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

Hey All,

My music teacher and I developed an Irish trad tunebook that we're putting out here for all to use. I know there’s already a few out there, but this one’s ours! It contains tabs and...
  25. Replies
    Views

Red Diamond July 9 Roasted - 291R

I'm the proud new owner of a Red Diamond Mandolin. 291R. It was built in 2018 and so far its blowing my socks off. I think it has ended my MAS and I plan to have this for quite some time. I mistyped...
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4