Search:

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: 1913 Embergher ID

I am also guessing that your fretboard was replaced at one time since one the pre-1917 models the fretboard did not cross the soundhole and extend to the other side. I agree with Victor that the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Yes, as Jim said, a student model style B. "I Fiori" as it is sometimes referred to. It has a distinct headstock shape typical for only A and B models and the flowers on the scratchplate. A nice...
  3. Replies
    Views

Lovely mandolin and playing! Enjoy....even the highest notes on the full length fingerboard!
  4. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Player of the Day: Robert Margo

Every year the German government chooses a musical instrument and declares it to be the "Year of the [instrument]". 2023 is the "Year of the Mandolin". The German mandolinist Michael Reichenbach...
  5. Replies
    Views

Found Finally: Jethro Class Photo 1983

This has been driving me insane for probably way over a decade. In the fondly remembered week of a the one and only class with Jethro offered at Augusta Heritage Arts workshop in 1983, we took a...
  6. Chord melody chat: Aaron Weinstein & David Benedict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYQZu7izCpE
  7. Calace, "Souvenir de Shanghai": Robert Margo, octave mandolin

This is a performance of Raffaele Calace's "Souvenir de Shanghai, Op. 148," originally for solo liuto cantabile, but performed here on mandola in G (octave mandolin), with a few minor modifications...
  8. Replies
    Views

Crusher turns 100!

Today I'm celebrating my old side-kick "Crusher" on its 100th birthday. We're both getting up (and hangin' in) there. I made up a new tune for us to play together, "Crusher's Cruise". I'm also...
  9. Re: Yet another Thomastik-Infield string question

The first player I ever saw who used Thomastiks on an f-hole mandolin was the legendary David Peters, the first person to win Winfield on mandolin three times who went on to play in the Modern...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Jethro Burns Warmup Thing Question

Misplaced repeats?
    -You play the whole thing through to the double bar line. That’s 8 measures.
    Start at beginning again, now the whole thing through but replace the 8th measure with the ninth...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: TAMCO retirement.

Hi Trevor,
    Like many others on this thread, the day I visited Tamco, which was I think in Feb 2009, was a day that I'll always remember. This is the only time I've been to Brighton, it was a great...
  12. Replies
    Views

ANNOUNCEMENT: TAMCO retirement.

Its been 20 fantastic years!

I have so enjoyed working with mandolin luthiers large and small, wonderful customers and many thanks to Scott - and being a very small part of this wonderful...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Espresso Swing - Jordan Ramsey mandolin

+1 subscriber, Jordan! Hope to catch you again at Weiser, if not somewhere sooner.

-Darren
  14. Replies
    Views

Very nice stuff. Love this style.
  15. Replies
    Views

I hear ya Jordan!
  16. Replies
    Views

Lots of good notes in these videos! Great selection of tunes.
  17. Replies
    Views

Hi,

Watched all the videos last night on the new YouTube website. Nice selection of songs beautifully played with all of the quartet making a good contribution. Well worth checking out if you like...
  18. Replies
    Views

Really nice. Such fun with the clarinet. Great to see you playing. We're watching your student, Kaden Hurst, as much as we can here in pdxland.
  19. Replies
    Views

Very nice, Jordan! My trio added a clarinetist this summer to become a quartet and I absolutely love having a clarinet to trade solos with.
  20. Replies
    Views

Cool stuff, Jordan. Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of Camp Avalon at Winfield.
  21. Replies
    Views

Hi,

Nicely played (and filmed). Subscribed and will check out the other videos tonight. Thanks for letting us know. I wish playing the mandolin was as easy as you always make it look!

Regards,
  22. Replies
    Views

I like that!
  23. Replies
    Views

Sounds great Jordan!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

This is an arrangement for solo mandola in G (octave mandolin) of George Harrison, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps". The arrangement is dedicated to the late John Goodin. The video was made for the...
  25. Jobim, "Stone Flower": The New American Mandolin Ensemble

This is my arrangement of Antonio Carlos Jobim's "Stone Flower," performed here by the New American Mandolin Ensemble (NAME) in its original configuration (from left to right, Mark Davis, mandolin...
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4