Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. J.L. Smith Mandolins: Yes! I'm still building some Emandos.

Just thought I'd drop in and share a couple photos of a recent (4-string) build, and say hello to the Cafe' forum folks. I haven't posted here for quite some time, but haven't forgotten about all the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Chambered body, electric mandolin

Great looking build, Gary. I'll have to check out some of your YouTube videos. Keep up the good work!
    John
  3. Surf's Up! New J.L. Smith (4-stringer)

NOTE: instruments that are currently for sale in the Classifieds cannot be discussed by the seller on the Forum. This is clearly covered in our posting guidelines.

- Refrain from using the forum...
  4. Recently Built J.L. Smith (4-string): Still going strong!

Just thought I'd post a photo of one of my recent builds. Birdseye Maple over Select Poplar body. Tobacco burst vintage style lacquered finish, Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard, Kent Armstrong Mini...
  5. J.L. Smith 4-Stringer Abbreviated Pickguard:

I just finished this one up, and thought I'd post a couple photo's: Figured maple drop top over poplar, figured maple neck, maple fingerboard, natural lacquered finish.
    Thanks for...
  6. Re: New 4-string Build from J.L. Smith: Still at it!

Bridge is from Allparts.
  7. New 4-string Build from J.L. Smith: Still at it!

I just finished up this one up, and thought I'd post it: I enjoyed making this one, as I had plenty of time, and nothing pressing me to finish it up quick. I personally like the retro look, with an...
  8. Replies
    Views

Anyone for Butterscotch?

I just finished this 4-stringer up, and thought I'd make a quick post. I had the Butterscotch finish on my mind for quite some time, and finally got to it.
    Thanks for...
  9. J.L. Smith (4-string) latest build: Still at it!

Still at it! Recently finished 4-stringer: Sapele Mahogany body, maple neck,Ebony fb, dual Kent Armstrong humbuckers. Shipping out to a patiently waiting customer in upstate NY. just thought I'd do a...
  10. Another Creation: J.L. Smith (5-Stringer)

I've been busy! Just finished up, and ready to be shipped out to a waiting picker in Canada. Color is a close match to "Lake Placid Blue" and has a toned down (satin finish), Dual Kent Armstrong...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Latest Almuse.....a 5 string.

Looks Super Pete! Glad to see you're still at it.
  12. Still at it! J.L. Smith (5-stringer) Just Completed.

Just thought I'd post this one, that I just completed: 5-String, with dual Kent Armstrong Mini-Humbuckers, Flamed Maple Neck, and upgraded Gotoh Mini Tuners. I also did an upgrade on the electronics...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Almuse Doubleneck

Super nice work Pete! That's sure to be a collectible one day.
  14. Replies
    Views

J.L. Smith (5-Stringer) New Color.

Recently built: I tried somewhat of a new look on this one. It has a retro. satin metallic look, real similar to Fenders Shorline Gold. I was real pleased with the results.
  15. New J.L. Smith Sunburst: Just finished up!

This is a new Experimental Sunburst color that I just put on a 4-stringer. Not much for news, but just thought I'd post it anyhow. Shipped out yesterday to a picker in waiting.
    Thanks...
  16. Replies
    Views

Another 5-stringer completed

Still pluggin away, and just had to toot my horn a bit! I recently completed this one for Brad Paisley's Fiddle/Mando. player Justin Williamson. It actually made some appearances on Leno,Good...
  17. Finally getting back at it! J.L. Smith Mandolins

Finally getting back to doing some building.
    This one is a Blue Plum colored Semi-Transparent Burst. I've been experiment with some different finishes, and was real happy with this one,...