Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar Chord Photo Flash Cards

Hop on eBay and find yourself an old 50s/60s Mel Bay chord book. Then either cut out the photos and paste on index cards or scan and print then cut out and paste.

The attached photo is of an old...
  2. Replies
    Views

Just A Nice Journey Back In Time

A jewel from the past:

"On Raglan Road." Peter Rowan with vocals and guitar, Jerry Douglas on dobro, and Mark O'Connor with very tasteful mandolin.

3. Re: do you own/have experience with a Martin Style 5 Terz?

Many folks here may not be old enough to remember her, but Bobbie Gentry also played a Martin 5-18. I can’t remember the source, but I read in an article that the original release of “Ode to Billy...
  4. Re: do you own/have experience with a Martin Style 5 Terz?

We have a 1971 Martin 5-35. Yes, I know. People don’t believe that there was ever a 5-35 produced by Martin. But they made at least one. We’ve even got the original factory hang tag; Martin listed...
  5. Re: What price level and up gets you a "lifelong keeper" mandolin

I don’t think a price-range can be assigned to a “lifelong keeper,” regardless of “tier.”

Many folks find joy and pleasure and their keeper in entry-level/budget instruments. Others are on a never...
  6. Re: How do I put 2 recordings from Windows Media Player to YouTub

I grew up in rural north Louisiana. I’m just a simple country boy. Always have been, always will be. While I now live in Denver, memories of whippoorwills calling at twilight and the aroma of...
  7. Re: How do I put 2 recordings from Windows Media Player to YouTub

"Love Is On A Roll" really is a great song, but, like you, I thought that the line "I'm a songwriter, a professional dreamer" is one of the best lines ever penned. I pretty much adopted it as a...
  8. Jimmy Buffett: Something So Feminine About A Mandolin

I've always enjoyed this song. It was recently re-released on his "Songs You Don't Know By Heart" album. This morning I stumbled across this video with Jimmy Buffett talking about it.

9. Planet Bluegrass Announces Outdoor Live Spring Concerts

https://bluegrass.com/spring-grass?utm_source=Bluegrass.com+Subscribers&utm_campaign=3528084985-NFTP20190826-FFFestivarianSurvey-TixBuyers_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_7c905ce758-3528084985-921...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Cases and covers

Air Guitar Case
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this really Caleb Klauder?

Hmmm...

The Caleb Klauder Interview (mandolincafe.com) https://www.mandolincafe.com/news/publish/mandolins_001737.shtml
  12. Kate Wolf Accompanied By Two Mandolins – 1985

Kate Wolf was another talent that was taken from us all too soon. She’s a staple in my music library and “Like A River” (the studio version) came up this morning. Thought I’d share a live version...
  13. Replies
    Views

Update From The Mandolin Store

Received the following broadcast email from The Mandolin Store this morning. Text as follows as an FYI for those who may not have received it:

Hello Friends,

I'd like to start off by saying...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: No motivation

This has been a difficult time for many folks; probably more than many of us realize. I’m glad that you reached out. To reach out can take a lot of strength.

Isolation comes in many forms:...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Comfy in our new RV

Mark, in an earlier post, I said I was envious. There’s a reason.

Closest I’ve ever been RVing was in July of 1982 courtesy of a very close friend. I had gone through a stressful couple of years....
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Comfy in our new RV

I’m envious, Mark. Keep it between the lines. And be sure to spread your talent around.

May the gasoline be plentiful and cheap.
    May your tires always be round and rolling.
    May the sun never...
  17. Re: APM cancels Live From Here amid other layoffs and cuts

From Bluegrass Today, June 16, 2020

Live From Here with Chris Thile another casualty of COVID-19

Excerpt from the article:

In a message to fans this afternoon, Chris expressed his sorrow...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: How Do I Maximize An Octave Mandolin?

At the risk of derailing this thread, that era introduced us to some truly excellent groups with some truly excellent music.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite A style mandolin?

We have several fine builders of exceptional mandolins at our disposal these days. And we should consider ourselves very fortunate for having such unprecedented choices.

That said, I think we...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: How Do I Maximize An Octave Mandolin?

With only a quick visit to your YT channel, I came away quite impressed. Heroes of Longhope was beautiful. As was Over The Waterfall with mandolin and octave mandolin. I do believe I'll be visiting...
  21. Replies
    Views

How Do I Maximize An Octave Mandolin?

I’m not sure I know what to ask for or whether I know what I’m asking for, but…

I’m primarily an acoustic guitar player with some mandolin and banjo on the side. I have a 2011 Weber Gallatin A...
  22. Re: Just for fun and interest - favourite acoustic tones

Some still with us, some, sadly, are not:

Fiddle: Vassar Clements
    Resonator: Tut Taylor
    Banjo: John Hartford
    Guitar: Norman Blake, Del McCoury
    Mandolin: David Grisman
    Bass: Barry Bales, Edgar...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Are People Buying Less Mandolins Now?

Congratulations on the purchase! I've been dedicated fan of Ome Banjos for quite a while. I'm thinking that you probably became immediate friends with Chuck and Tanya Ogsbury if you dealt with one or...
  24. Re: Old photos - a hodgepodge of musicians - folkies +

Yes, my claim to fame is being a simple Louisiana boy. Home was a very small town – not much more than a crossroads – in north Louisiana. I’m just a bit older than you, but it sounds like we have...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Listing of 3-string chord shapes

Go to this Mandolin Café thread.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/82884-Survival-Mandolin-Chords-for-Beginners

Post #1 has a PDF of 3-string chords

You can also review this...
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4