Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Your Opinions on inspiring a new student?

The mandolin was my first attempt at learning a musical instrument, and I was a late starter when I bought my KM 150 five years ago, in my mid-fifties. I can certainly remember what made me stick...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Taggart Mandolins

The actual instrument itself...
  3. Replies
    Views

I promised some photos of this Taggart I've been eyeing up, and it turns out that the easiest way to photograph a mandolin is to buy it, bring it home, and phitograph it there. I played it for a...
  4. Replies
    Views

Jeff - Enjoy the gathering and any thoughts on that A5 would be most welcome!

Gary - Nice to get some local colour, and always good to know that someone deemed Bruce skilled enough to work on a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Where can I find public domain photos of jams?

I know people suggested Flickr, but you can do a simple image search on Google and click on the search tools box. One of the criteria you can select in there is "Usage Rights" and you can filter for...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Scrolls on Peghead now patented by Gibson?

I'm not a lawyer, but have spent a long time looking at legal contracts and I think the imporant word in the Trademark is "and". The Trademark has been granted for "...curved swirl on the top left...
  7. Replies
    Views

Mandolins spotted on UK TV

There is so little mandolin content generally on British TV that I wanted to draw attention to Reginald D. Hunter's Songs of the South which is currently showing on BBC. The first episode, shown on...
  8. Replies
    Views

My Two Point Mandolin

Back in May, I visited the Artists Open House trail in Ditchling, Sussex – a village just along the road from where I live. One of the venues there is called the Blue Shed, which was hosting an...