Search:

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Jerry Garcia On Mandolin

Well, Garcia's banjo work on the Old and In the Way album, with Grisman, Peter Rowan, Vassar Clements et. al., was remarkable for someone missing half the middle finger on his picking hand. Here's a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this Gibson A4 mandolin real?

That wasn't made by Gibson. It's a re-labeled import. It's a fake. Is it in a pawn shop by chance?

And I'm 100% sure.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Unusual brown paddle head A2z

Yep with Gibson your liable to find anything, F-5's with extra long necks, look at the F-4 evolution? Many varieties!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A-4 Snake Head on Ebay

157830157831And just a few more157828157829

the old gal cleaned up real nice, sn 73884 ,, not listed in Gibson archives, Puts it about 100 #s prior to Mr Monroe's famous July 1923 model .. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Gibson had a habit even in the 1960s to refinish instruments sent to them for repair. A friend has a 1928 L-1 guitar with a cherry sunburst. Ay!

Glad to hear that your A-4 is excellent. I have...
  6. Replies
    Views

Hey there Mando folks, I have been playing this mandolin a lot, I put new J73's PhozBronze and I think she sounds really excellent ... I have not played any Loar era A-4s so I have nothing to...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Scam Gibson F4 on Ebay

We posted a lengthy essay on this identical set of pictures in 2013 and at that time estimated it'd appeared on eBay over 250 times. Now? Who knows, probably thousands. It begs the question, how many...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Interesting instrument

Not only do those tuners look like the cheap plastic-type things from the 80's - but one if them dosen't even match!

Otherwise, nice piece!
  9. Re: Try to get it right.....not even close...

That would be me. Sent him a message.

For the money, I like this better... Gibson H1 style Mandola ~ 1914 ~ Gibson Mandolin Guitar Manufacturing Company http://r.ebay.com/jRGRSI
  10. Replies
    Views

Those tuners are hideous, but other than that, I kinda like it
  11. Replies
    Views

It's not a Regal it's a Kay. It was built by Stromberg-Voisenet (they became Kay).

The funny thing is that it's a nice guitar.

Here is an original. It sold for good money on Reverb a while back.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Ebay Amazement

He's still trying at $189.99 or Best Offer +$7.00 shipping but it appears he MIGHT have sold the only thing worth anything shown in that auction... the tuners on that broken headstock.
  13. Re: Ebay snakehead: the scammers never sleep!

I actually found a way to report the account and explain what was going on this morning. It took me about a half an hour to find the link. This account has many instruments up.
  14. Re: Ebay snakehead: the scammers never sleep!

Just report the listing by clicking on the report link. If they get enough for the listing thy actually look at it. If they only get mine they figure I'm an idiot. Keep in mind eBay wants to make...
  15. Replies
    Views

To be fair to the seller, I was the "previous buyer", A few hours after I placed the offer, I experienced a major malfunction with my ford diesel truck. I explained to the seller mandolin funds...
  16. Replies
    Views

Under "normal" circumstances a $2K snakehead A-4 would be a no-brainer bargain. Add in tuners replaced with Handels -- surely an upgrade if you're not concerned about collectors' originality -- and...
  17. Thread: Ebay Amazement

by Tobin
    Replies
    Views

The seller is missing a golden opportunity to enhance the description of his item. Being able to tune the treble side strings with the case closed is a HUGE advantage!
  18. Replies
    Views

Somebody ought to jump on that case. I mean, seriously...jump on it. :)
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: An open letter to Classifieds users

Thank you Scott and Dan and anybody else involved in keeping this forum running! I know that you put in A LOT OF WORK that may not be noticed by some of us, but is appreciated by the majority, for...
  20. Replies
    Views

poor fella thinks he struck gold........and if he sells it for that price, he has!
  21. Replies
    Views

I hear ya buddy, this is also posted on reverb.com!:))
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Gumby Alert!

This could be described as an F-5 shaped object.
  23. Replies
    Views

Pre, these are from the 70s.
  24. Replies
    Views

Every time I see one these things, despite having seen them on a regular basis over the years, I can't help but have my first thought be, "what the hell was Gibson thinking?" And then to have the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar tailpiece Cover

Thanks Mike and the rest of you folks for helping me out by answering my questions. As always, it's a pleasure to be part of this mandolin community.
    Rich
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4