Search:

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Invention in C Major BWV 772 Nugget F5 and Northfield Octave

Just got done listening to Caterina Lichtenberg and Mike Marshall's CD of Bach inventions and felt inspired to play one. You can even watch it in 4k!

eLmdWVKvMAc

Enjoy and keep on picking!
  2. Replies
    Views

Ebony mandolin

This is a recently finished flat top mandolin that is a bit unusual. It was experimental so I had no idea how it would sound. The back and sides are of Macassar Ebony, top is Red Spruce, neck...
  3. Replies
    Views

Another prototype

A second prototype for a planned mandolin quartet of two mandolins, mandola and mandocello. The body of this one is a little larger than the first, around 6mm longer and wider as well as a little...
  4. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Setup Walkthrough Videos

Hi everyone, here are a couple of mandolin setup walkthrough videos. Long, but hopefully engaging. Not saying this is the right way, or the only way, to do things. But it's the way I do it. Today, at...
  5. Replies
    Views

A new prototype mandolin

One of my projects over the next year or so is building a mandolin quartet, maybe even a couple. I am not sure what is going to happen to them once they are built, but we will see what happens. I...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

The new '50s Moderne' style mandolin a bit more advanced. Very much inspired by the marvellous guitars of the Pagellis from Switzerland.

7. Replies
    Views

Re: Marketing and getting your name/brand out.

It sounds like your background in communications would be very helpful. I can't claim to have been a huge marketing success, so take all of this with a grain of salt, but here are my thoughts...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar Bodied Mandola

+1 what @burt50 said. Sounds balanced across all the strings.

Nice to see more mandola content lately!
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Burtenshaw Mandola #6

https://youtu.be/xMkclX-Q_Pc
    I wish I could play like Emory...
    I hope this is the right link....
  10. Replies
    Views

Looks great and sounds great too...
  11. Replies
    Views

Burtenshaw Mandola #6

Here is another mando built from walnut. A mandola with a redwood top, walnut back, sides and neck. James tailpiece, Cumberland bridge. I really like working with walnut and there is lots of it here...
  12. Replies
    Views

Really nice design. Will love to hear it when finished, set up, and with all strings aboard.
  13. Replies
    Views

Nice work Matt and it's a really cool looking mandola!
  14. Replies
    Views

Nice design and nice work.
    Bill
  15. Replies
    Views

Looks fantastic - I also have a thing about guitar-shaped mandolins, as shown in my avatar.
  16. Replies
    Views

That is so cool! Stellar work. I love it.
  17. Replies
    Views

Very nice! I love seeing designs different from the norm.
  18. Andrew Marlin "Cody Road" Artist Session at GMBR

I am not sure that too many "session" type videos exist out there for Andrew Marlin's solo effort tunes off Buried in a Cape...so I am sharing this session we filmed at this past year's Green...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Actually on the bench , a travel training mando
    sides are removable for going in a little bag , it goes with a shadow undersaddle piezo pickup , a guitar amplifier and a 9 volts battery
    tuners are...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Carbon fiber mandolins

So one of the problems, from a commercial standpoint, is that the vast majority of players expect them to sound bad. Because of how they look.
    And all the legend behind wood - you know, aging,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Orange Live in Studio "New Sounds"

I actually don't even know what to say other than enjoy. It warms my soul to watch this and I hope it does yours too...

Dem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrPB0_kktU
  22. Replies
    Views

Folk/Americana Duo, listen to our demo!

Hey!

I'm not much of a mando player to be honest, I try though. Been playing for around 4 months. Me and my mate got a project called "The Many Beards"
    Please have a listen to our demo below and...
  23. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Orange on WGBH

Everything about this is great but who cares what I think. I will let the video and music do the talking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdP8S0uKP5U

Thanks,
    Dem
  24. Replies
    Views

Finished octave mandolin

For my third and fourth instruments I finished the pair of guitar body octave mandolins. Number three is a black top with light Sunburst back sides and neck. Number four is the traditional burst....
  25. Replies
    Views

Electric Viking Mandolin

Hi,
    I got tipped that this community would perhaps have some interest in this instrument.

This is a custom made mandolin made by Harald Hougaard of Norway. It is a normal scale mandolin tuned as...
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4