Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Regal Tenor guitar case

The size 5 Martin tenor guitar will fit this
    https://www.elderly.com/accessories/cases-gigbags/guitar-cases-gigbags/acoustic-guitar-cases-gigbags/martin-mini-guitar-case.htm
    and this...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Octar - Still Being Made?

Doesn't look like they are being made any longer. Look at post #43 in this thread,...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Getting into Jazz Tenor Guitar?

I would purchase your book. I too would be interested in learning chord-melody playing.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Vintage tenor guitars in the UK

Here's another one for you then.........:grin::mandosmiley:

5. Replies
    Views

Re: Chord-Melody on Tenor Guitar

Well, I had been eyeing a new Martin tenor guitar along with the Fletcher at Elderly Instruments. My wife surprised me with the Fletcher around Valentines Day. The Fletcher was already tuned CGDA...
  6. Re: What's Your Favorite Instrumental-Mandolin Album?

I second this. This album is incredible!
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass / Old Time Horse Songs

Eagles and Horses by Special Consensus
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandoblaster setup questions

FWIW, I also recently purchased a used 5 string Mandoblaster and emailed the builder about something else and he included the original string sizes in his response. "FYI original stringing was .010,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Fretwork on a Loar F5

Try this link:

http://www.lutherie.net/fret.chart.html
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Let's see some Webers

Beautiful 2 point. Love that back! I bet you're proud to own that one.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Wegen Mandolin Picks

Mike,

I am still very much a beginner and as such probably not the best one to give advice, but I purchased that exact same Wegen pick about 2 months ago and have either received or purchased...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Ways to sneak a mandolin in the house ?

I "think" this thread was started in jest and meant to be humorous. At least that's the way I took it. While I don't need my wife's permission to purchase something and I would not ever hide a...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Ways to sneak a mandolin in the house ?

Sneaking the mandolin in is the easy part..................How do you sneak the money to pay for it? My wife can sniff that out like you wouldn't believe.
  14. Thread: Too old?

by bigbendhiker
    Replies
    Views

Re: Too old?

Great thread! I think the OP started another thread saying that he was convinced that he should take up the mandolin somewhere around post #10. This has taken on a life of its own.

Some of you...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: My new (old) Gibson Jr.

Very nice! I really like the color and the aged finish of your "new" mandolin.

Good to hear you healed quickly and got back to playing.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Father's Day Ever?

Congratulations on your new MM. What a great Father's Day gift. Have fun playing. If you get a chance post some pictures.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Jacobson Nautilus #18 is in the house!

Congratulations! A truly stunning looking instrument. I know you will enjoy it for many years to come. I second what Pete said about getting a bargain. Play away!
  18. Replies
    Views

Jacobson Nautilus #15 has a new home!

Last week after a several emails and phone calls with Marty Jacobson, I purchased one of his mandolins. Nautilus #15 to be specific. Today at about 12:30 the mailman delivered my new mandolin. I went...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Jacobson #16 w/ TI strings

With pics like yours it's becoming extremely difficult to prevent the onset of full blown MAS.

Very nice work.......!
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando For Dummies

I just had to comment on this post. I went to Office Depot yesterday and had my copy of Mandolins for Dummies spiral bound. The young lady did it while I waited. It took all of 5 or 6 minutes and...