Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Roland White death?

I am so saddened to hear this news. Roland White was one of the sweetest souls I ever encountered and a friend for nearly six decades. I'll never forget hearing and meeting the "Country Boys" in the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Any of y'all go to SPBGMA?

I went to the society for the propitiation of Bluegrass music anarchy convention last week, and it was awesome!! (My first time)
    I was wondering if any of y'all awesome folks were there?
    Rumor has...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Recommendation for a Jazz Mandolin

I love the idea of two-point, and Steve Sorensen's have been calling me for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAtu50k6QlE

I see Steve has a two-point for sale now. In the two video...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday! Brutus & Big Joe Vest

Happy BDay Big Joe!

I have enjoyed and have been educated reading your posts!

Best to ya!
  5. Replies
    Views

Happy birthday, Joe -- and happy birthday to a beautiful instrument!
  6. Replies
    Views

Joe, good day for a birthday. My middle son turned 25 today and I am celebrating my 28th anniversary today.
    I was glad to see you respond to a thread a few days ago. Hope the world is treating you...
  7. Replies
    Views

Happy birthday Big Joe..always enjoy reading your posts.
  8. Replies
    Views

Happy birthday, Big Joe, always appreciate your
    Insight.
  9. Replies
    Views

Best wishes from me as well. His knowledge and class are unparalleled. I had the pleasure of speaking with Joe a number of years ago and had him do some work on my F9. A great experience all the...
  10. Re: Happy Birthday! Brutus & Big Joe Vest

Great post.

Happy birthday and good health to Big Joe Vest. I allways enjoy(ed) his posts. Gibson could not have had a better ambssador for their acoustic instruments, esp. the mandolin. I hope he...
  11. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday! Brutus & Big Joe Vest

I think it's worth celebrating the 10th anniversary of this Gibson F-5 - D-70316 signed by Danny Roberts, and known as 'Brutus'. And not coincidentally, it's also the birthday of long-time Cafe...
  12. Re: Open mind, open wallet, about Blue Chip picks

The only picks that have really made any significant improvement in the tone/volume of my 3 mandolins, are the Dunlop Primetones & the picks i've tried have included 3 BC picks & i used to use Wegen...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Distressed Mando in "Mint Condition"

A well done distressed finish can be as visually appealing to folks as a well done pristine finish. It depends upon the tastes of the buyer. I don't think buying one makes one a fool or a sucker,...