Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. The Slocan Ramblers ft John Reischman /// Stoney Creek

I had blast getting John Reischman to join my band The Slocan Ramblers for some twin mandos on Stoney Creek. Check out his solo, damn!

tNrvktgWjqA
  2. Fisher's Hornpipe // One Man Jam Session

Here is another one man jam (boy I can't wait to pick with my band again...) on Fisher's Hornpipe. Hope y'all are staying safe and warm out there!

https://youtu.be/TCmL0X6OCMc
  3. Replies
    Views

Stolen mandolin recovered!

Hi all,

I just wanted to share a very happy story with you, and it's really only happy because of the help of this wonderful community here on Mandolin Cafe!

Earlier last year our shop was...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Eva Scow - After You've Gone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62STufC_EFY
  5. Thread: Fake Book

by Tom Wright
    Replies
    Views

Re: Fake Book

I bought the Kindle versions of the standard Real Books, because they ate jpegs and I can enlarge as needed. An application called iGigPro lets you create your own library from pdfs or jpegs. A handy...
  6. Replies
    Views

New tune I wrote, "Red Winged Blackbird"

Still a work in progress, and the mandolin was a little stiff that day, but I hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/kNC-Vg1FpbQ
  7. Replies
    Views

there's a lot of them! I like The New Real Book by Sher Music Co. There are 3 volumes. They also publish other cool fakebooks("The Latin Fakebook")and tutorials( "Serious Jazz Practice Book, Drop 2...
  8. Thread: Fake Book

by Tom Wright
    Replies
    Views

I have the first three volumes of the Real Book, and one of the Scher Music books, the New Real Book vol. 2.

There are six volumes of the original Real Book, I believe. There are also books of...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Barry Harris method for learning bebop

I highly recommend Barry’s weekly online classes, one for harmony and one for improvisation. 1 1/2 hours each. Best $10 I spend weekly.

I’ve been doing them since mid May and have well over 60...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: sanding/scratching picks for better grip

For myself, I have come to believe "slippery" picks is an issue solved by improving picking and pick/hold technique. As a rank neophyte my experience is that all playing woes will solve themselves by...
  11. Andrew Marlin "Cody Road" Artist Session at GMBR

I am not sure that too many "session" type videos exist out there for Andrew Marlin's solo effort tunes off Buried in a Cape...so I am sharing this session we filmed at this past year's Green...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Common Chord shapes

My go-to closed chord shapes are these (given for a root of A -- shift them along the fretboard for other root notes):

A: 2-2-4-x
    Am: 2-2-3-x
    A7: 2-2-4-3
    Adim: 2-1-3-x
    Aaug: 2-3-4-x

These...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Del McCoury Band w/ Thile

Del McCoy was great Friday night at Old Settlers Music Fest last month...night closed out by Shiny Ribs. Doesn't get much better.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: PreSonus Air10

The Air10's are pretty decent. I've heard them, and checked them out, and at under $400 they are well worth the money. The QSC K10's and Yamaha's (DXR's) are certainly a step up in overall quality (I...
  15. Thread: PreSonus Air10

by kurth83
    Replies
    Views

spl for the dbr's is much higher (129 vs 121), it's the louder speaker regardless of wattage.
  16. Replies
    Views

Br1ck-
    It was totally on me that it fell, and I wasn't expecting it to be a warranty issue, but they made that call, in writing, twice. The point of my post was that it got sent back to me twice...
  17. Thread: PreSonus Air10

by kurth83
    Replies
    Views

dbr-10's are a budget speaker, noticeably less clarity than a DXR to my ears. I love them because of light weight, and it is my goto for an onstage monitor. But for FOH clarity I would use a better...
  18. Thread: PreSonus Air10

by Br1ck
    Replies
    Views

Behringer powered speakers are very good values. I use a pair of 8" speakers for monitors, but they fill a decent sized room. Well under $200 each.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Del & Dawg Tour 2019

Well that was surely one of the musical highlights of my year! Just a terrific show!

Two sets. One microphone. Just the right amount of banter and spontaneity to give it a 'living room' feel while...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Addario Monel Strings !

Hello everyone! My name is Kyle and I work at D'Addario on the Fretted product development and management team. I drove the launch of our new monel mandolin sets in 2018. I'm glad to hear that a...
  21. Replies
    Views

The Georgia Shackleton Trio.

https://youtu.be/bcYLJWIvNnc

Found this group recently and wanted to share. Great stuff!
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Training the Mind

I remember having these same struggles with losing focus and weapons of self-distraction. One of my fiddle students summed the problem up nicely: "My biggest obstacle is myself."

Here are some...
  23. Thread: Five albums

by jaycat
    Replies
    Views

Re: Five albums

A couple of albums that many of us grew up on are:

The Dillards, Wheatstraw Suite, &
    NGDB, Will The Circle Be Unbroken.
  24. Replies
    Views

A few new Mowrys

Hi folks, I try not to post shameless advertising here too often, but as it's been a few years... :)

Here are a few new completions I thought I'd share. I had two different sets of matching...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: If you only knew it back then...

Start hanging out with fiddlers earlier and more often.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4