Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Severe audience response

A surprising reaction by wildlife to a campground jam. No mandolin content but it is a sobering cautionary tale about being careful about your audience. :disbelief:
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Unlikely mandolin appearance

Thanks, while probably not widely appreciated in North America, this is the funniest comment heard in a while. Even my wife lost her morning coffee.
  3. Thread: Wintergrass Fun

by 2Sharp
    Replies
    Views

Wintergrass Fun

Kudos to the organizers of the spectacular 2014 Wintergrass Festival. The fun included mando madness from Chris Thile and Mike Marshall. With the usual apologies for the limitations of live...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Luthierie webinar topics?

Five biggest/most common mistakes made by beginning luthiers; and of course how to avoid them!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Tuner Phone App

Several cafe members have recommended "Cleartune" and I have also found it to be very reliable and better than clip-on tuners in relatively quiet environments.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin popularity: nadir or zenith?

Here is an example of the mandolin edging towards the mainstream that I noticed on a recent flight: Chris Thile being offered as one of the channels on the in-flight entertainment system. While the...
  7. Re: My mandolin trip to the USA and other bits (of the globe).

No it's not....
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: The Thile Solo Bach Tour - Live, Fall of 2013

Tour Stop Number One:
    It is hard to find words that adequately convey Chris Thile’s spectacular performance in Seattle last night. Chris’s interpretations of Bach are masterful and...
  9. Re: Getting rid of the fingerboard extension - Why not do it myse

Nice!
  10. Thread: Double stops

by 2Sharp
    Replies
    Views

Re: Double stops

Pete Martin's PDF book is great.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando Fun at Wintergrass

Doesn't work for me on an iPad either; sorry!
    Perhaps one of the moderators or someone with more tech mojo has some advice?

In the interim see if these links work:
    Bluegrass Stomp
    Whiskey B4...
  12. Replies
    Views

Mando Fun at Wintergrass

One of the mandolin workshops at last weekend's Wintergrass Festival featured Sarah Jarosz, Dom Leslie and Sam Grisman. In addition to the usual Q&A they did a few tunes which were great and it was...