Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: mandolin picker's guide to bluegrass improvisation audio file

Dadsaster, this is the link for the audio files in mel bay:
  2. Re: mandolin picker's guide to bluegrass improvisation audio file

Try contacting the publisher - Mel Bay, or the author - Jesper R-Peterson. Maybe they can send you links to the download audio files.
  3. Replies
    Views

So, ya think instruction books would help, eh?

Here’s your chance to find out.

YOU DECIDE WHAT THESE ARE WORTH AFTER YOU HAVE THEM IN HAND, BUT I DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY

Once you have discovered exactly what you’ve won, you make whatever...
  4. Re: A couple of position questions - trying to unlock the fretboa

There are only four patterns. That does not seem like a dizzying array of choices.

Seriously once you see how they connect and cycle through over the fretboard there is a certain symmetry and...
  5. Re: A couple of position questions - trying to unlock the fretboa

You absolutely have permission to push things as much or as little as you desire.

There are several goals towards which the Eschliman material is intended, including mastery of the modes, pinky...
  6. Re: A couple of position questions - trying to unlock the fretboa

The pentatonic scale moves by major seconds and minor thirds. When going up or down a second, use (as always) the next finger. When going up or down a third, skip (as always) one finger.

Or...
  7. Re: A couple of position questions - trying to unlock the fretboa

If you begin a descending G pentatonic with index on root, you are using the 2nd finger on root Ffcp. If you begin the same scale with the 2nd finger on the root, you're using the 3rd finger on root...
  8. Thread: Cole mandolins

by Tom R S
    Replies
    Views

Cole mandolins

I contacted Ron Cole back in 2000 about building me an F-5. He used bubble big leaf maple for the 2 piece back. I wanted a slightly wider neck than standard. He made a jig and custom built the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Left-Handed Players

I’m a dominant lefty and could never play righty. Like many things, I think handedness falls on a spectrum and some lefty’s can play righty, while for others it’s not feasible. It’s hard enough to...
  10. Replies
    Views

You're making a great point.

I've been playing guitar for over fifty years and have never been able to get a good alternating bass going. About a year ago I attended a guitar workshop with drop-D...
  11. Replies
    Views

Wow...thats my story as well including being a drummer / percussionist (left handed.. both). My story varies slightly...tried right handed guitar years ago. Brought it back out a few months ago and I...
  12. Replies
    Views

A little over a year ago I was looking to learn mandolin and took some good advice about learning to play right handed (even though I am a lefty). Never having played a fretted instrument (I am a...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Understanding double-stops...

Harmonized scales are just making 3 or more note chords in 3rds on each scale degree. Thus, the "part of the chord - various combinations of 1 3 and 5 tones" idea is part and parcel of harmonizing...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Chords Guitar to Mandolin

When you make it look like vector multiplication, it gets my hopes up - maybe I can figure this out....
  15. Re: Help! I can't hear the beat when I play a break

I'm sorry I've not been quick to respond to y'all this week; it's been an especially full one for us, but I really appreciate all your thoughts.

Several of y'all mentioned metronomes. I have...
  16. Re: Anyone know of a website or app that will display all chord n

I made an webapp a while back that does what I think you're asking:
    chords.cc
    Also if you have any suggestions for improvements I'd be happy to consider them...
    Cheers,
    Jerry
  17. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

I've always really loved the NS Micro tuners, and they just released a new one in the last month or so with a much brighter nicer display. The clip is also redesigned and lets me hide the tuner on...
  18. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

Another plus, besides working well and being accurate it that the batteries last. I have used mine daily for a year it seems, while my partner is always changing her battery.
  19. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

another vote for the TC unitune. Very bright and the two colors make it obvious when you've hit the pitch. Also extremely accurate, when you tune each string in a pair, they are actually in tune with...
  20. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

+1. This is the reason that I switched from the NS Micro to the Unitune.
  21. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

I love my Peterson HD Clip and in full sun I have no problem seeing it but be warned if your the kind of person who likes a tuner that just locks in this isn't for you. It is so accurate you can see...
  22. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

In my experience, the NS-Mini keeps tuning even as the battery weakens AND the display dims - even if not enough to be obvious. Maybe just try a new battery? FWIW, it has beecome my go-to tuner for...
  23. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

I have great luck with this:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UniTuneClip--tc-electronic-unitune-clip-clip-on-chromatic-tuner

This is my new go-to clip-on.
  24. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

Peterson strobe tuner. Used it outdoors at a festival this past weekend. Quite easy to read. Did see a number of folks using red Snarks (don't know which model, sorry). They seemed to work well...
  25. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

Polytune or unitune has a nice bright display.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4