Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Yellowstone Experts

Your interpretation is correct. 11/2004, 28th F-style 'cello.
  2. Replies
    Views

Bruce might have specific specs for that serial number that list the color. I’m leaning towards faded leather burst, but I could be wrong. It’s been 17yrs since I finished that mando ��. Desert Dawn...
  3. Replies
    Views

August 2013. The 264th A style mandocello made by Weber.
  4. Replies
    Views

It would be the 2301st F-style mandolin. Those numbers are based on body style, not just sum total of all instruments.
    The others are correct, March 2005. Oval Hole. Would have an ebony board/PH...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Weber Yellowstone Custom

I remember that mandolin when we built it. Truly a hoss and a one of a kind!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Changes in availability of Weber Instruments

There's an awful lot of speculation and misinformation in this thread, but also some pretty insightful speculation as well. I could probably write a book on the history of Weber mandolins, the sale...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Gallatin A with with repairs

That's a poor repair job. I've seen mint condition Gallatin A's for that price, used but not abused Absaroka models, and Gallatin F's in the same ballpark. I think the seller is overly optimistic...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: In the Classified - Is this a great deal?

That was one of the last Webers I finished before I left Bend. It has the Weber Celtic knot on the back of the neck (very, very few of those in existence), and it sounded fantastic before it went to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Markings on bottom feet of bridge

I don't know if Ngan is still with TOH. He was still there when I left for good in July of 2014. He was working customer service and warranty claims during my time with TOH, not out on the floor in...
  10. Re: Breedlove production moving to China -- Will Weber be next?

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. As someone who was intimately involved with Weber for 12 years, and as one of the few people who made the move to Bend from Montana, I saw the writing...
  11. Replies
    Views

That would be Rick Banuelos, former Weber set up tech and sales manager. The treble clef indicates the treble side of the bridge.
  12. Replies
    Views

Vern is correct. Bob Peterson was our set up tech at the time. But they are Japanese characters, not Chinese. Bob was intrigued by Japanese culture and language and was taking Japanese lessons at the...
  13. Thread: Finishes

by Brett Byers
    Replies
    Views

Re: Finishes

I would like to state for the record that our finishes at Weber are strictly Nitro Lacquer or Oil Varnish. No modern catalyzed finishes. I personally hand mix every batch of satin nitro lacquer...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Original Brekke Bridge - Where to buy?

Howdy George. Things are going well in Bend. We're on our third week in the new shop and things are swinging into high gear. It's a real pleasure to be working with so many talented luthiers, and...
  15. Re: Weber Fine Acoustic Instruments Joins Two Old Hippies

Bruce and Cameron are at the NAMM show, so they might not see this. Give Joann a call at the shop here in Logan at 406-284-4390. She should be able to provide all the background info on your mando,...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber vs The Weber

There has not been a name change. Sound to Earth was started by Bruce and Mary Weber and they continue to be the sole owners and managers of STE. As with any small company we have had employees...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing solidbody

Michael Kang from the String Cheese Incident, although he mostly plays semi-hollow bodied electric mandolins. Not sure if his style fits into what you're looking for musically, but he is one awesome...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Flamed Birch Mandola

stunning work as usual Lauri!
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Steve Earle mandolin

Steve came by the shop a few months ago and spent the day with us. His regular stage mandolin is a Gibson F-9, with electrical tape over the logo. He regularly plays a Weber Sage octave mandolin,...
  20. Re: Why wait a day to open a shipped instrument?

I guess it's time for me to chime in on this thread. As the finish guy for Weber, I pushed for us to place the "wait 24 hrs..." stickers on the shipping boxes. It is not a corporate CYA move as...