Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Subscription Tutorial Sites

I'm a new subscriber to Peghead and the Beginner Course. I've picked up several techniques already that I'll put into practice. Looking forward to continuing. After this, and possibly the...
  2. Replies
    Views

As far as subscriptions go, I recommend ArtistWorks lessons. I love the platform how you can send in a video and the teacher will personally get back to you with a response. If you’re also looking...
  3. Replies
    Views

I really enjoyed my time with Peghead - I found myself switching instructors every 3 or 4 weeks and thus in a couple months I went through the instructors and lessons I was most interested in and had...
  4. Replies
    Views

I did PegHead nation a while back for Chad's Music Theory for Instruments Tuned in Fifths course - I'm not one to enjoy a video of someone teaching me note by note how to play a song, so none of the...
  5. Replies
    Views

I really hate artistworks.

Mike Marshall is great. I'm sure all their instructors are great. The software is slow and clunky. If there is ever an issue it will break in their favor. I signed...
  6. Replies
    Views

I would love to use a one-on-one instructor, but unfortunately our family's schedule is very busy right now. It's almost impossible to lock down a regular time, especially if that instructor is...
  7. Replies
    Views

I am currently using 4 different online mando sites: ArtistWorks with Mike Marshall, Peghead Nation with Joe K Walsh, Soundslice with Don Stiernberg and taking Matt Flinner's current swing course.
  8. Replies
    Views

Peghead does let you switch your course twice a month. I wish it were like Truefire.com where you pay $29 a month, but you have full access to EVERY course on the entire site!
  9. Replies
    Views

Matt Flinner's courses are wonderful. Different approach from Peghead etc., but very well executed and worth every dime. Plus past courses are very reasonably priced and you can get them a la cart.
  10. Replies
    Views

I'll give a +1 for Peghead Nation. I have been subscribed to Sharon's Intermediate Bluegrass course for a few months. I really like having the video so I can see what she's doing, plus she gives a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Another vote for Matt Flinner. I find the structure of his courses suit my learning style. Each course (videos, charts and mp3) can be downloaded and saved. I’m still referring to past material. He...
  12. Replies
    Views

My two cents. I used Peghead Nation (the beginner bluegrass mando course) for several months. It did help me but I felt that the cost was a bit high for what I was getting. Once I learned the song...
  13. Replies
    Views

I'd also like to know the answer to that. It looks to me that you pay for each course separately on Peghead.
  14. Replies
    Views

Peghead Nation is awesome. They let you switch course up to twice a month, so I pay for one course and browse around a little. I have no experience with Artist Works, so can't compare with that. I...
  15. Replies
    Views

I've used Artistworks and Peghead. I like Peghead quite a bit. Accessible. Notation/tab with most stuff. You can switch back and forth between instructors at will. Versatile. The lessons are well...
  16. Replies
    Views

As a "mandolin omnivore" crossing several styles, I really enjoy PegHead. Am a fan of Joe K. Walsh's teaching, but I guess it depend in part what level you are, and what you hope to learn. The...
  17. Replies
    Views

I really like Sharon Gilchrist’s courses on PegHead Nation...it’s good to have a curriculum to move through. She gives lots of technical tips as she is teaching songs, and explains the music theory...
  18. Replies
    Views

My reply doesn't really address your specific questions because I think its all different for all of us - just depends on how you learn. Me personally, I like individual one on one time with the...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Bighorn

A while ago I was reading a interview with a former Weber employee and he stated that the Bighorn was consistently their best sounding mandolin (or at least it was his favorite). I've only heard...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Bighorn

If I hadn't just bought a Weber Yellowstone 2-pt which I am still very much in love with, I would be all over that Bighorn. In fact, I am sorry to know about it. Just go away. I don't NEED that...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Travel tips with Mandolin

I'll be able to relate some experiences in a month or two.
  22. Replies
    Views

I just got back from a trip to see my Dad in Virginia. Had a disquieting experience with my mando. This was US Airways, but it seems to be becoming standard practice.
    Airlines are beginning to use...
  23. Replies
    Views

I have traveled a few times on flights. There is no difficulties and the instrument can fit in the overhead. However, a hard case is a must as other passengers sometime may not be a respectful as...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Tabs vs music notation

If you are a reader, I'd say there is no need for you to start using tabs. Tabs are to show non-readers where to put their fingers to get the notes, and from what you say you already are quite...