Search:

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday, Mandolin Cafe!

... and a big thanks to Scott and his entire team for such a helpful and valuable resource. Also to the members of the various forums and social groups who make this place something really special.
  2. Replies
    Views

Too Quiet - Time To Start Something

3. Replies
    Views

Re: NS Micro Tuner

I have bought at least 6 total, have one on each my mandolin, guitar, and my wife’s banjo, and have given away a few. Pretty good little tuner, works plenty accurate for me, and is very...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: NS Micro Tuner

I keep one on all my Mandolins, guitars, and basses. I like them. Simple, reliable, and small.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip TAD CVG

When I played Wegens, I found that the ones with the holes played faster, because there was a reduction in wind resistance. I wonder if it would work as well for the BlueChip.

I also found that...
  6. Replies
    Views

Flatiron Mandolins - Nashville Area

I currently have a 2001 Flatiron Festival F5 that is a really terrific mandolin. I also have a 1999 Flatiron Performer A style that I recently picked up that it mint. It also sounds good but seems...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Made in usa

LED - that's not an accurate statement - Don with D'Addario here. Much like the comment above indicated, Mapes provides raw wire to manufacturers and from that wire, strings are made. We've used...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Ukulele as enjoyable as mando?

Did you ever notice than whenever you think, I'll learn to play such-and-such an instrument, strum a few tunes, and sing a few songs with my friends and family, someone then comes along and...
  9. Re: Found my Bluechip pick after about 3 months M.I.A

Roger, you don't have to buy a Bluechip pick, I have found that Dunlop's Primetone rounded picks sound and feel very similar to Bluechip picks at a fraction of the cost.
  10. Re: Found my Bluechip pick after about 3 months M.I.A

What would you do for your Blue Chip Pick?

https://youtu.be/LB23c_7nlS8
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Teaching a child bluegrass guitar

Tuner and capo are next. It was so cool last night she calls me and says “ papa, i was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house and pick”. Too cool.
  12. Replies
    Views

Well, my 48 hrs are up

Please forgive my excessive exhuberance for a Sunday night :)

Took delivery of a new mandolin on Friday, it was Girouard A5 Emsemble # 170 dated February 2018. I’ve played most of the weekend, the...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Who has just one?

Mandolins are like Lay's potato chips.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Who plays a mandolin worth.......

Who enjoys playing their mandolin more than driving their car?
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin arm rests

Got a Cumberland arm rest too, and I thought, "wow, these are really small." Added felt underneath for better clamp adjustment - its low end would not tighten down otherwise.

Might be just me:...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin arm rests

I added a Cumberland Acoustic armrest to mine a couple weeks ago. It looks ok, but they seem really small compared to all the others. I don't think its made any difference other than changing the...
  17. Replies
    Views

A NMD for me!... soon!

My new flat top Red Valley should be delivered today!

I'm trying to convince my boss to let me go home early 🤓

Yay!
  18. Replies
    Views

Zayna's Song

https://youtu.be/h-jujUATlxo

Here's a simple tune that's been rolling around in my head for a while. I made this video to help remember the song.

I call it Zayna's Song cause the first time I...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Two chord songs?

Instrumental whiz Harvey Reid, along with Joyce Anderson, has developed, recorded and published The Song Train, which includes 56 more or less familiar songs that only require two chords. There's a...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Two chord songs?

Here is exactly what you are looking for:

http://songtrain.net/
  21. Replies
    Views

Wayfaring Stranger Improv

Here's an amateur attempt to improvise on Wayfaring Stranger. I'm relatively new at mandolin, and completely new at improvisation, so there's nothing fancy here. Also, I still suck at tremolo.
  22. Re: Mandolessons LIVE. Saturdays 12PM EST

Hi everyone! I just wanted to stop in and say I'm about to do another one of these in half an hour at Noon EST and I'd love to you you join us!

Here's the link:...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Buzzing Suggestions?

Frank Ford has this Buzz Diagnosis page on his site www.frets.com. Start with it and let us know what you find out.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Biscuits and Gravy

This tune was calling my name this evening. I decided to look at the tab I'd written and try using it as a practice exercise. It seems to be a bunch of blues/bluegrass licks played over the I, IV, V...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for a Case for my new Breedlove Crossover

i have a crossover ff nt, and due to its added height at the bridge i was concerned about finding a suitable case and not spend a mild fortune on it. the clear answer for me was this $65 MF case...
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4