Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. John McEuen comes to Northwest Georgia

As part of the Gordon County Fiddler's Conventions, John McEuen (founding member of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band) will bring his one man show to the Harris Arts Center in Calhoun Georgia on March 29,...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Flat Top Mandolins?

Yes ... I have. And yes, it is a very good (terrific) sounding flat top. They are made by Steve Smith. Nice instruments.
  3. Re: What kind of music peeves your pets, and other plays?

Neither of our two cats care one bit about mandolin playing.... but the violin?
    Cat #1 ignores it all
    Cat #2 follows me to where ever I'm playing, meows incessantly, paws at my legs, and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A-40

Sorry Allen... to me it now looks like one of those white Fender violins. It's lost it's character.
  5. Re: Kentucky KM-950 Amazon Warehouse Deals

Laura -- it was probably purchased, then returned in original packaging (boxes). I've purchased many non-music items described like this. Most of the them are in better condition than described. ...
  6. Re: My wife doesn't believe there is such as thing as MAS

No Bill, your theory isn't true. I don't play my mandolin out in public much, yet less than a month ago MAS struck and before 6 hours were up, I had purchased another one. It didn't help that the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Norman Blake Concert, April 24, 2015

Norman Blake, will be performing on Friday, April 24th at 7:30 pm in downtown Calhoun, GA at the Harris Arts Center (212 S. Wall Street, Calhoun, GA). Tickets are $25.

The performance is again...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: A Rant About Comparing Mandolin Tone

After reading this rant and rave about words that describe tonal qualities, it only made me want to look up Carters Vintage, and see what they had for sale. Not like I need any more instruments........
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: The O'Connor - Suzuki Discussion

This article has a good synopsis of the Suzuki / O'Connor issue from a string teachers' perspective. I must live in a cave as I first read about this a few weeks ago on violinist.com. I was a...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: di boxes

The Red Eye by Daren Appelt: http://fire-eye.com/
  11. Norman and Nancy Blake in Calhoun, GA, 4/25/2014

Sorry for the cross post.. I realized this forum might actually be more appropriate:

Norman and Nancy Blake, with James Bryan, will be performing on Friday, April 25th at 7:30 pm in downtown...
  12. Norman and Nancy Blake in Calhoun, GA, 4/25/2014

Norman and Nancy Blake, with James Bryan, will be performing on Friday, April 25th at 7:30 pm in downtown Calhoun, GA at the Harris Arts Center. Tickets are $20.

The performance is part of the...
  13. Re: Trading/Buying DOWN for a better sound

Isn't this how MAS got started???
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Weird Behavior From Band Mate(s)

JB -- it's been "fun" reading of your adventures - if for no other reason, I've gone through all the same types of band tortures -- where you never know who is doing what behind the scenes. I've had...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Ways to sneak a mandolin in the house ?

My husband has just declared I have no business reading this thread. :)