Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Luthier Paul Hostetter has passed away

Like so many others, Paul advised and kept me on the right track through several projects. He found a good neck for my wife’s 30s L-00. When Paul removed the old neck, he called and told me that...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Harris Mandolin Making: Printing Labels

Troy Harris is an artist. Go to his website, look at his mandolins and you will see for yourself.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking forBuck "Ruff Rider" case info

After a brief search, I find that Bucks is still around. Here is a link. http://shop.bucksmusic.com/xcart/
    They can probably tell you more about the Buck Rough Rider!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking forBuck "Ruff Rider" case info

It is an 8 ply case, all birch. Back then, Monteleone was selling through the Mandolin Brothers and the Buck Rough Rider was one of the choices for a Grand Artist. It was sold by Buck. I don't...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Bluegrass / Old Time Horse Songs

"Stewball" The Country Gentlemen did this one.

From Wikipedia:

There are two major different versions of the sporting ballad, generally titled either "Skewball" or "Stewball"; the latter is...
  6. Re: Lost or Stolen: 1905-1906 A-4 Gibson Lost Or Stolen

USPS finally delivered this mandolin and only 2 months late. All is well that ends well.
  7. Re: Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver vs The New Quicksilver

With the exception of Alan Bibey and the dobro player, these guys were Doyle Lawson's Quicksilver. When they left and joined Alan Bibey, they took the Quicksilver name with them. Didn't last all...