Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Memorizing the neck

Take tunes and songs you know well and play them up an octave or even just starting in higher positions. Take your time working these out and see where the same notes reside on the upper frets. Work...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: (in)definitive chord guides

Yep. 3 maj, 3 min, 4 7th, 1 dim, 1 aug = 12.
  3. Replies
    Views

The only thing that bothers me are the terms used. I think of the e string as the 'top' because it is the highest pitch. So to me, it seems backwards. I'd have to write it and print it this way to...
  4. Replies
    Views

G major (open, as you it) chord has root on top; C has 5th. That method you describe is a great method for starting IMO

That open G is your shape #1 with E string G note included.
  5. Replies
    Views

I came across Jethro Burns' book and it was an eye opener for me to see that there were only 3 shapes you needed to play 3 voicings over every major chord.

My advice would be to learn only 3 major...
  6. Replies
    Views

Hi Mandolinner, here’s my advice—not as an expert, by any stretch, but as a beginner like you. I started learning mandolin almost a year ago. I’m also a long-failing fiddler (but I won’t concede...
  7. Replies
    Views

Hi Mandolinner! Since chords are pretty much always played in the context of KEYS I have organized a bunch of free mandolin chord charts based on the key you want to play them in. It's a "learn them...