Search:

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

Dave Peters' Nugget A5 Mandolin - which he let me try sometimes during lessons. Hands down the best I have personally heard in person / played. His Gibson F5 was just for media photos.
  2. Replies
    Views

Don Stiernberg Interview

Hey friends! Don Stiernberg is one of the world’s great mandolin players. In this video, he chats about his music, career, and connection with the legendary Jethro Burns. Don also gives us some tips...
  3. Replies
    Views

Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

It took a good long while and more wheeling and dealing (and spousal apologizing) than I've ever done, but I've managed to put together a full Lyon & Healy Quartet.

All are player grade - the...
  4. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

My Heiden A5 is my favorite. A friend’s Nugget A5. Don’s Heiden is a beast. Compton’s Gilchrist F4. Berline’s Loar. A Gilchrist F5 Classical at Carter’s.
  5. Re: Johnny Gimble on EMando with Bob Wills "Buffalo Gals" 1964-5

Wow!
    Thanks for sharing these tracks..Gimble never ceases to amaze! This Buffalo Twist from 1964 is evidence of how consistent Johnny's electric mandolin-tuned-like-a mandola sound was...
  6. Replies
    Views

Tom Wright Trio -- new video

This rolls tomorrow, Sunday 3/10, at 8pm Eastern. We revisit the tunes from my "Tailwind" album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgMCZzERmgM
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Speakers/Monitors (no mando content)

We use QSC CP8s as monitors at Fiddle Hell. They work great for a variety of bands, and are light.

An interesting and somewhat related point is that the smaller QSCs have a wider horizontal...
  8. Replies
    Views

Monteleones at Rudy’s

Rudy’s Music in NYC currently has an unbelievable 10 Monteleone instruments currently in their inventory, including a 2021 Mandocello and a very sweet looking 1979 mini 12 string guitar. Astronomical...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Demonstrating a mandolin

The mandolin is gone so no reason for it to be public.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Demonstrating a mandolin

Here's what I do when I make a video to sell a mando: open strings, open chords, a slow doublestop harmonized scale on each pair of strings, a tune that uses all the strings--not played too fast, a...
  11. Re: Paul Glasse on video w/Western Swing band 2023

He'll be back for this year's Western Swing Weekend.
    https://www.montanafiddlecamp.org/westernswingweekend/
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Cafe Hat

I like my old hat ,Red and Blue .
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Natural / Blonde Gibson F5s?

Have you played one (or a 50's Byrdland)? I like the clarity of the staple pickup in the neck position, but I find the pickup intolerably bright in the bridge position. Gibson had the right combo...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Simply Bluegrass - Full Episode 1

Ron Stewart on banjo.

I used to own the 3 DVD set of this program, and highly recommend it. I ripped the Bill Monroe stories from this program, and posted them to my YouTube channel for...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Darryl Wolfe selling off stuff

First up and its hitting on all cylinders ...
    Auspicious Beginnings..
  16. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month (BONUS) | Day 33: Red Eyes on a Mad Dog

The last post for Ronnie McCoury Month. This is bittersweet for me, this was a heck of a challenge (and I was away from home for half...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Best way to learn Mandolin with ADHD

Best way NOT to learn mandolin with ADHD: “Practice something until you can play it x number of times without a mistake before moving on”

Best way to learn mandolin with ADHD: Think of three or...
  18. Re: Just Bought a Grace Designs Alix...Give me Advice!

Just wanted to say I've now played a few gigs with it and done very little with it other than adjust the EQ a bit to my preference and it still sounds terrific. I'll keep the Red Eye as a back-up,...
  19. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month (BONUS) | Day 31: Thanks A Lot

Got home from a 36 hour van ride and immediately went to recording today's video. My brain is fried from sitting in a van for that long but I...
  20. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Thanks for that. I didn't go seeking out Dave's mandolin, it sort of found me in some ways. But what a killer instrument. I know it can't be any more broken in, especially with Dave owning it prior. ...
  21. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 26: All Aboard

This is the last day of the month which means this is the last video I have scheduled! What a crazy month it has been, I've learned so much from these...
  22. Mike Marshall's Incredible Bluegrass Journey

this is excellent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFPa3Db9t8E
  23. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 24: Travelin' Teardrop Blues

Now THAT is a Ronnie solo if I've ever heard one. Free sheet music/tab are here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/296745

RDcS92nIkSU
  24. Re: Steve Morse, Rob Wasserman, David Grisman 1985 Merv Griffin S

I kind of like that Steve Morse guy.
  25. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Ronnie McCoury Month | Day 21: Goldbrickin'

I know some of y'all were waiting for this one.. Sheet music and tab can be found here: https://www.patreon.com/collection/296745

DVsGDaOcZE8
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4