Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Thile quote on resting hand on the bridge

What Ralph says. Everybody's hand, physiology is diff, but the general thrust is that. A crazy exercise I 'used to do' is to take pick in hand and raise it above my head. Then, gently swoop it down...
  2. Re: diatonic scale and a chromatic scale.....what is it?

Significance of chromatic scale . . . well, here is an incorrect and much simplified explanation of a part of western music theory. It is basically the truth, but much simplified, glossing over some...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Thought Provoking Article

I learned a hard lesson over the years of trying to sound like that guy, or to play this solo---I can't do it, or rather, I can't be that person. A particular style and a particular solo are...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Don Julin & Billy Strings parting ways

It has been along time, so let me start with saying I really missed all you mando-people here on the Café. As many of you know, the last few years of my life has been consumed with touring with an...
  5. Thread: asheville?

by Givson
    Replies
    Views

Re: asheville?

I enjoyed the Thursday night Bluegrass jam at Jack of the Wood (www.jackofthewood.com) when I was there two months ago. Some very good players at a nice bar with no smoking. Brought my 13-year-old...
  6. Thread: asheville?

by sam brigs
    Replies
    Views

asheville?

Hi,
    I'm heading down to Asheville, NC for a week.
    Are there any jams that folks would recommend?
    Thanks,
    Sam