Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Setup, Setup, Setup!

Early last year I acquired two mandolins, a Collings MT, brand new from TME, and a lightly used black topped MTO from a Cafe member. Both have 1 3/16” nuts. They are dimensionally identical, but...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gotoh Replacement Tuner Buttons

You have two ways to go, maybe three.

You can replace the broken buttons.

You can replace all the buttons.

You can replace the tuners with real Gotoh's.

I'll send you a Personal Message.
  3. Replies
    Views

It appears you have the Saga "Fake Gotoh" tuners. How many buttons are broken?
  4. Replies
    Views

There was a seller on evilbay that sold real pearl tuner buttons for around 75 bucks a set? I got a few sets awhile back?
  5. Replies
    Views

I bought both mini-Gotoh and mini-Grover ebony tuner buttons recently (this year) from Guitar Parts Factory.

The mini-Gotoh's work great (as do the mini-Grover's).
  6. Replies
    Views

One more time, they may look like Gotoh tuners but they may be Saga tuners. Gotoh button sources come and go. We've had two or three over the last several years. Are you looking for ivoroid buttons...
  7. Replies
    Views

The first thing you need to know is that Saga didn't use just Gotoh tuners they used their own fake Gotoh tuners that have a larger stem than Gotoh. The Waverly buttons will fit only very old Gotoh...
  8. Thread: Blue Chips

by OldSausage
    Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chips

When I put picks there, if I ever see them again they are in the bottom of the washing machine.
  9. Thread: Blue Chips

by OldSausage
    Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chips

I have found that the only way not to lose picks is to keep them threaded in the strings of my mandolin. Pouches no, little tins no, pockets no, scattered on the floor no. In a very special place...
  10. Replies
    Views

Mark - Gotoh won't supply 'spare / replacement' buttons of any colour. IMHO - That would put me off using them if i was a builder. If you loose / break a button,it's a whole new set or nothing. Would...
  11. Replies
    Views

The buttons are on their way - £24 UK - £28.80 UK inc.postage. Of course having been imported from the US,there will have been a bit of a price hike (?). I just hope that i can get all the old ones...
  12. Replies
    Views

Hi All

Josh Gemmell at Japarts.ca was able to get Gotoh tuner buttons for me. They were the tuners supplied on my Pava Pro A style.
  13. Replies
    Views

To expand on my note in my last post - " Maybe we shouldn't buy from manufacturers who won't supply 'spare' items ?."

Whilst not wishing to be 'anti' any Co.,they should understand that the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Hi Mike - I checked out Allparts UK,they didn't have them & they seemed to think that they'd have trouble getting them from the US as well. However,i haven't checked out Allparts US myself yet. I...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: The back. Two piece or one?

As long as the seam on the 2 piece is glued correctly, there is really no difference, though it certainly takes a larger piece of good wood to make the 1 piece back, so it can be a bit more...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: The back. Two piece or one?

Purely aesthetics. It makes absolutely no difference in the sound or anything else.
  17. Thread: What the

by Jeff Mando
    Replies
    Views

Re: What the

are you talking about the song or Thile's hairdo? :whistling:
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: A few easy Django tunes?

Let's see, easy Django tunes? Well, some are easier than you might think, maybe even lay out better on mandolin than they do on guitar. Take a look at Swing 39, Dinette, and Douce Ambiance(which...
  19. Re: What's the difference between a mode and a scale???

Hi John Thanks for your reply.:)
    Whatever you've explained doesn't answer my question.

After reading a lot about modes, I feel all modes are basically scales or scales are modes( I might me...
  20. Re: What's the difference between a mode and a scale???

It's an interesting question. The major scale, or diatonic scale as it is also called, is built up of a series of tonal intervals. If we take the C major you mention, the notes are C, D, E, F, G,...
  21. Re: McReynolds Style Crosspicking lesson (I'll fly away)

Hello Mr. Carr, from a fellow Buccaneer ('02 - '07). Very impressive that you have developed fluidity with both McReynolds and Shuffler patterns! Not many folks on that list. I will say, and I...
  22. Replies
    Views

Banjo Ben Clark Instruction

zero affiliation with Ben FWIW.

I recently signed up as a gold pick member on Banjo Ben's site and I just wanted to let people know that I think he has a solid product. I'm posting because I like...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: cross picking challenge

I play a version of Home Sweet Home in this style...

6Vr7uQgo000

Recently I've been doing this with GF Clock and Boil them Cabbabge Down. I'm working on the Jesse style but mine is more of an...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: didn't know Vince Gill played mandolin

He does perfectly fine here

0IrRsqbpJRw
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: didn't know Vince Gill played mandolin

He plays quite well actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ0Ivih224Y
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3