Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Big ol' baby looking for reassurance

I've heard of Pursell, but never been in to talk to them. I know Clawson well - lived on Elmwood for a period of time many moons ago. Good luck on your journey!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Big ol' baby looking for reassurance

Brian - Your profile says you're in suburban Detroit - where, specifically? I am in Rochester Hills. As others have said, you're not likely to get much satisfaction from anybody at Guitar Center as...
  3. Replies
    Views

New Mandola Day - Northfield Quickstep

I decided I "needed" to go down the Mandola Road, so have been watching for one of these for awhile. This is Northfield Quickstep #4, purchased from Gryphon, and built 100% at the Marshall, Michigan...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: The Beatles: Yesterday

There is a link in the video to download the arrangement. They're $6 or $8, but well worth it. I have been making semi-regular contributions to Colin's fund! Which I just did again, as a matter of...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Crossrock Mandolin Cases

In my case (no pun intended) the foam on the fingerboard is right above the neck support, so while the neck gets squeezed a little, it doesn't get bent. The foam above the strings is pretty well...
  6. Replies
    Views

I now have the "new and improved" version, and had the same concerns re: the padding above the fingerboard and tailpiece. That only lasted a short while, the padding settled in, and now the case...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: What are these chords

Think three-note chords. Chop chords are overrated. Only my opinion, obviously.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Grover Acousticraft Bridge

That looks pretty meaty and therefor heavy to me. I would lean towards Cumberland Acoustic or maybe a Brekke bridge? If it's a Weber, possibly it's got a Brekke bridge now. Weight matters. On my own...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Vibrações - Jacob do Bandolim

Fantastic, thanks for sharing that!
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: This Baby's Got Back!

OK, I'll play. This the back of my avatar.

11. Replies
    Views

Re: Case for Gibson F-4

I tuck the strap alongside the neck so it's not in the way, but it closes just fine. My only beef is that the accessory compartment is tiny - not even room for a regular Altoids tin in there. First...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Case for Gibson F-4

I have a 1919 F4, and it fits great in the new Crossrock fiberglass case. Their initial case fit both F and A models, with use of included padding. This summer they released a new version designed...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Christmastime is Here - NMD

Just beautiful. Congratulations, and Merry Christmas!
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Strum machine and pedal

You might look at Vidami. They make a bluetooth version and a USB version. I have no personal experience, but a good friend swears by the BT version for use with her iPad. I believe there is a full...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Tab For Watson Blues Mandolin

I've got a PDF I converted from TablEdit. No idea if I'm posting it correctly, but here goes ....
  16. Re: D'Addario EFT74 strings discontinued - does anyone know why?

Don - I'm not posting to correct you, but to make you aware - on D'Addario's site they list the EFW74 set as stainless steel flatwounds. I would imagine they're the same basic strings as the Chromes...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: A moment for thanks...

Thanks, Roger, and same to you and yours!
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: is this case a Gibson?

It looks a lot like the case my 1919 F4 came in, for whatever that's worth.
  19. Re: Effortless Mastery - Tips for Playing in the Zone

I need to pick up this book. We also saw Werner play with Toots, many years ago, at a small club in Cleveland. It was one of those spectacular nights in our lives where all was right with the world....
  20. Re: Music Tab for "indifference" Gypsy Jazz Waltz

The tab and notation is also available here.
  21. Re: A Question for Thomastic Infeld Aficionados

Thanks, Ray - I saw the original post, but didn't connect S/H with 'snakehead.' Thanks for the clarification. Every time I think I have a handle on all the acronyms, a new one comes up ...
  22. Replies
    Views

The only beef I have so far is that the rubber bumpers on the lower bout of the case are not as tall as the hinge that is between them. So if you set the thing down, it's going to rest on one of the...
  23. Replies
    Views

There is no mark on the lid, so it does not appear to touch.
  24. Replies
    Views

I'll have to check that when I get back home. The lid has a pad that lands on the tailpiece, and another that lands on the neck/strings right above the groove the neck sits in, so the mandolin is...
  25. Replies
    Views

A few pics of the new Crossrock F Mandolin case.

209000 209001209002209003209004
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4