Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: German mandolin ?

Can’t comment on the origin, but that bridge has to be hard on the wrist.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: String advice sought

The D’Add XS (white pack) have lasted me 6-8 mos with daily play. By far, my favorite set but goodness they charge $$$ for them. I, like you, find changing strings as appealing as going to the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Tune Title Request

I believe it’s Daley’s Reel. Many recordings of it around and a popular jam tune.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Adjustable bridge ideas

I contacted Bruce Weber a few months ago and he agreed to make this pair of “nutwheels" to install on a Cumberland bridge on my Tyler White A5. I believe these are essentially installed upside down...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this ebony or rosewood?

FWIW, might want to check the centering of your bridge. Looks a little to the treble side, altho photos can be misleading.
  6. Re: Getting some work done on a Gibson mandolin in Illinois

Might want to check with Tyler White over in Bloomington IN. Can’t say enough good things about him and his work. http://www.whitemandolins.com
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Lost or Stolen: Stolen Guitars Alert

Guitars have been located - hopefully the individual(s) responsible will be caught and face trial for theft. I have removed the original "Stolen notice" posted on 3/3.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Addario XS strings at 21 months.

I've had great experience as well with the XS on guitar and mando. I've got about 8 mos. (your 21 months is insane!) on my mandolin strings and play the tar out of it most evenings. I think...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Guess Wood Species from Sound

Oh wow, do I win a trip to Hooterville? :cool:
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Guess Wood Species from Sound

Aged Tupperware, circa 1963.
  11. Re: I've owned an A-style for 72 hours and already hate the shape

Velcro to belly. ;) Actually, I've found a Tone-Gard helps. As others have mentioned, a strap can also reduce slippage.
  12. Re: who is the young man on stage with the legends

Young man is Wyatt Ellis. An up and coming mando player and talented young man. A number of seasoned stars have noticed his skills and dedication and taken an interest in mentoring him.
  13. Replies
    Views

Recent Tyler White Mandos 4.07.22

I was chatting with Tyler today and he sent me a few videos of a fine player testing out some of his latest mandolins. I'm not familiar with him - Caleb Christopher Edwards, but I think he knows...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Asheville Guitar Show

Russ - Went yesterday for a short while. Some nice instruments for sure but it seems the markups are higher than ever, no doubt a sign of these times. I did have a very nice visit with the Altman...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of your Gilchrist

A Tyler White amongst the Gils. (Note: The 3 Gils belong to a friend in SC).:disbelief:
  16. Thread: Mandola lovers

by geechee
    Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola lovers

Almost there. I'm anxiously awaiting a new mandola build from Tyler White in Indiana. I have his #11 mandolin and my new mandola, #18 is his second. Going to be a curvy, curly blonde.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Broken tailpiece ID

I know that has to be extremely upsetting. I will share that after my first quick glance, it looked as though it was screaming, "Feed me"!
  18. Replies
    Views

New White Mando - #14

For those who are fans of Tyler White's mandolins (like me), I found a new test drive on Youtube. It's number 14 which I think he was planning to keep around the shop as a demo but later decided to...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for Recording Equipment Suggestion

I agree about using something easy and familiar like your phone. If you want to also get better quality audio and/or video, you may want to check into some of the higher quality small mics that are...
  20. Replies
    Views

White Mandolins!

As the lucky recipient of the new #11 White Mandolin, I wanted to show off Tyler's latest work with the mandolin community. I've been quite taken with a ‘29 Gibson Fern that The Music Emporium has...