Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Custom Sam Bush in the classifieds

It is the same mandolin. I could not sell it as a flag mandolin. It seemed that if a person could only afford one mandolin, they would not want it to be a flag mandolin. Too bad. So I had Marty...
  2. Thread: set-up in NYC

by verbs4us
    Replies
    Views

Re: set-up in NYC

A shout-out and thanks to Brent for recommending Brooklyn Lutherie (http://www.brooklynlutherie.com). I gave them the job because I like to support women-owned businesses. They did a great job. ...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar's Mando/Viola 70321

You're correct. Only one person was ever going to get that user name.
  4. Thread: set-up in NYC

by verbs4us
    Replies
    Views

Re: set-up in NYC

Thanks guys. I decided to try Brooklyn Lutherie because I like the idea of supporting a woman-owned business so much, I'll even go to Brooklyn to do it. Do I need a visa? Will report back on results.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Stupendous

I don't think that's the Antique. Tony played another guitar with the enlarged soundhole before he got Clarence's guitar. Note that the guitar in the video still has the Martin logo on the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Will Kimble profile

The Minnesota Bluegrass and Old Time Music Association magazine has my profile of Will in the April issue. PDF here.117557
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Joe Campanella profile

Thanks Brent...Working with Will Kimble now. We got it down to 2700 words (uh..oh..!). Expect it to be published in March.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: So am I the only one to notice this?

Tiny bit. I found a carrot once, that looked a bit like something else.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: V-picks contest

Well, hell. I thought it was Friday. Surprise!

:))
  10. Replies
    Views

Rest in peace Ray Price.

One of the great ones. The man who made it look easy.
  11. Re: Modern Mandolin Quartet members play Smart matched quartet

I had a chance to play these instruments for a couple of hours when Lawrence brought them down here to hand off to Matt Flinner. They are absolutely spectacular.

In the past, I've always bit my...
  12. Free Album Download on Amazon at least for today (Apr 6)

Available for free download from amazon.com today (not sure how long the deal will last) is Mountain Home Music Company's "Bluegrass Mastery, Vol. 1".

Can be seen here:...