Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Partita No2 for solo violin Gigue in Dm JS Bach on mandolin

Thank you Rob. Congratulations on your mention in the book :-)
    Gina
  2. Re: Partita No2 for solo violin Gigue in Dm JS Bach on mandolin

Hi Rob, We're just looking for the book now, I didn't know about it until you mentioned it, thanks for the information. I've been playing through some Barsanti arrangements of Scottish tunes, some...
  3. Partita No2 for solo violin, Gigue in Dm JS Bach on mandolin

I was playing some Bach on mandolin in my kitchen last night and I recorded this piece.

Link
  4. Partita No2 for solo violin Gigue in Dm JS Bach on mandolin

I was playing some Bach on my mandolin in my kitchen last night and I recorded this piece.

https://soundcloud.com/gina-le-faux/js-bach-partita-no2-gigue-in-dm-for-solo-violin-or-mandolin
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Another new tune for mandolin

The title came from an incident at a party in Penistone many years ago involving some friends of mine. It involved a pair of curtains, my friend and fellow mandolin player Patrick Walker and a lot of...
  6. 'The Quill' a new tune composed by Gina Le Faux for Carlo Aonzo

Here's a tune I composed in December 2013. It's called 'The Quill' and I wrote it for mandolin virtuoso Carlo Aonzo. This is a live recording from a rehearsal with me on melody mandolin and Patrick...
  7. The Quill composed by Gina Le Faux for Carlo Aonzo

Here's a tune I composed in December 2013. It's called 'The Quill' and I wrote it for mandolin virtuoso Carlo Aonzo. This is a live recording from a rehearsal with me on melody mandolin and Patrick...
  8. Bach violin partita on 18th century Neapolitan mandolin

This video was filmed at a gig I did recently. I played the Gigue in Dm from the Bach partita for solo violin on my modern copy of an 18th century Neapolitan mandolin. The end was not exactly as I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: A new reel for the mandolin

Hi Rob, I'm glad you like my tune. It's not on any of my albums yet, I'm going to record it with my trio later this year. Here's a link to a video of Eoin Teather and I playing it not long after I...
  10. Replies
    Views

A new reel for the mandolin

Here's a live recording of a tune I wrote a few years ago, It's called 'The Producers'. I wrote it for Martin Simpson and Andy Seward who produced my last album. This recording was made at a gig that...
  11. Replies
    Views

Bach on the mandolin

I really enjoy playing Bach on my mandolin, every time I play a piece I find different ways of interpreting it. Here's my interpretation of the Gigue from Cello Suite No 2 by J.S. Bach