Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Top Shelf !!! Complimenti !!! Finalmente ! ...

Top Shelf !!! Complimenti !!! Finalmente ! Someone has gotten this music right !!! Che gioia!!! Your grandfather and mine--who played this music would be so very proud of you and the work you...
  2. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

And thank you Sheri for your posting and summary of this rare piece from my grandfather's collection. Such a revealing and pivotal piece in the turn of the century Italian"Irredentist" and...
  3. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Mille Grazie!!!-- for this latest find and musical gem you are sharing with us ! I can't stress enough the importance of downloading the new links and the various publishers dropboxes to one's...
  4. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Polyphon--1914 Electric/Player Pianola with Built-in Mandolin Mechanism!

This unique type of player piano (made in Germany by Polyphon Co.)---its marketing aimed principally for the Neapolitan...
  5. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

And yes---the mandolin being played by my Grandfather Luigi Giorno on Amore è Follia --Mazurka by" G. Caropresi is indeed the one featured on the cover of Sheri's book. After 100yrs this mandolin...
  6. What a joy to see and even better to read! Really...

What a joy to see and even better to read! Really hard to put down once you start reading. A must read for all mandolinists ethnomusicolgists, and Italophiles alike! Learn about the musicians,...
  7. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Ah, Louie Prima--and Sam Butera and The Witnesses ! !!!!---What musicians and showmen!---Although my 1st love is and always will be--- our beautiful Italian instrumental "ballo liscio"---the music...
  8. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Ah, Louie Prima--and Sam Butera and The Witnesses ! !!!!---What musicians and showmen!---Although my 1st love is and always will be--- our beautiful Italian instrumental "ballo liscio"---the music...
  9. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Great question and great musical observation !
    As a young guitarist I used to ask the very same thing to the older accomplished Italian guitarists here in Philadelphia. They would always laugh...
  10. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

You've heard the old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth" ? Well, that certainly could apply in the case many of these marked up M1 parts with chord notations written in above the various...
  11. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

PS---The faulty cellular device that I originally listened to these impeccably rendered pieces on m, did not pick-up the beautiful subtle and expressive guitar accompaniment, just the beautiful...
  12. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Great job on both of these numbers! "Complimenti"!-- For a beginner as you claim, you truly render these pieces with a lot of feeling and that Italian feeling and spirit definitely comes through !!...
  13. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Kudos to Todd Milano for going thru his family archives and finding this wonderful Mazurka Angelina---!!!
    composed by his great great uncle, and to Sheri for adding it to the DeStefano dropbox. ! It...