Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Forgive me....for I have sinned.....

2. Thread: Improvising

by JonZ
    Replies
    Views

Re: Improvising

The key to rapidly learning to improvise is to spend a lot of time improvising. (Shocking!) I say this because many players will look for non-improvisational things to "master" before they feel like...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Alvarez A800

Those MIJ axes can be sleepers, but at that point you are close to a new Eastman 515 with a lifetime warranty.

It was a no brainer for me. I was looking at vintage MIJ axes and grooving on what...
  4. Thread: Alvarez A800

by Timbofood
    Replies
    Views

I love mine but, I’d not go that high any more. Lots of options that were not available 40+ years ago
  5. Thread: Alvarez A800

by ccravens
    Replies
    Views

I agree with all of this. Good advice.
  6. Thread: Alvarez A800

by Caleb
    Replies
    Views

I'd not spend that much money on an Alvarez. The first mandolin I ever played was an Alvarez, and they can be nice, but there are better options IMO. For the same money you have a lot of options...
  7. Thread: Alvarez A800

by Jon Hall
    Replies
    Views

I had one in perfect condition that I sold for $600. This was pretty much the top price I expected to get. Mine was an early to mid 70's instrument. I sold it and bought a Kentucky 956, which is an...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Column: Where is Bluegrass Headed?

Thank goodness Pink Floyd didn't spend too much time learning the Little Richard and Chuck Berry repertoire.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Column: Where is Bluegrass Headed?

I was pretty sure this subject had been discussed ad nauseum in the thirty other threads. The music will evolve or die, traditional factions will be there as will progressives, the only constant in...