Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Narrowed it down to three

Another vote for the Kentucky.
  2. Re: Last Train Home on my Tyler White mandolin

Sounds great Jesse! Tyler does make a fantastic mandolin for sure! Hope your carpel tunnel heals ups and you’re back to picking in optimum health soon!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Mandolins and Beer Podcast

I’ve listened to both episodes and thoroughly enjoyed them! I listen through the Apple podcast app and the episode with Tristan seemed to cut off somewhat abruptly. Seems like there probably wasn’t...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: New Kelley A model violin style

Fantastic!
  5. Re: Couple of Original Instrumental Tunes - Mandolin and Fiddle

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Jim, I had a busy year music wise in 2016 and 2017 and slowed things down to almost a complete halt last year, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of...
  6. Couple of Original Instrumental Tunes - Mandolin and Fiddle

Figured I'd share this video of my fiddle partner and myself doing some original instrumental tunes last night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM0EalQDeOA
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Elkhorn A-5 Deluxe

Congrats on joining the Elkhorn community! Robb makes a mighty fine mandolin for sure!
  8. Replies
    Views

BEA Mandolins?

Anyone ever heard of this brand/maker? I stumbled across this video and really like the tone he's getting from this mando (and the superb performance!). I did a Google search and didn't find any...
  9. Re: Muleskinner Mandolins latest batch - May 2018 (video demo)

I was also fortunate enough to be at the Green Mountain Bluegrass and Roots Festival and had the pleasure of stumbling upon Andy’s tent the first evening of the festival. Andy’s tent was very...
  10. Re: Article: D'Addario Monel String Sets Giveaway

Just checked my email and saw that I won too! Thanks Scott for making such a great place for us mandolin lovers!
  11. Re: Recent visit to Carters, and also to Tyler White’s shop

Jesse,
    Yes, the tone of #6 is a much more mellow and rounded tone than what I consider to be the typical bluegrass tone. It was exactly what I was looking for!
  12. Re: Recent visit to Carters, and also to Tyler White’s shop

First off congrats on the White! I sure do love mine. A lot. Can’t wait to see how that one looks! My #6 is one of (if not the) last one before Tyler started doing the hand rubbed finishes. It’s a...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: $3000 limit Weber, Collings, Pava or?

My Tyler White F-5 fits the tonal/sonic description of you’re looking for. I think his prices currently (but I bet they go up soon!) are $3500 for a custom made F-5...but in my opinion, that’d be an...
  14. Re: Emmylou Harris "When I Paint My Masterpiece" mando?

Sounds like Sam to me...
  15. Re: Purple-burst A-style, oval hole Muleskinner Mando

Very nice!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield A5 Special

These have caught my attention as well. It appears as if they only offer them in the 2 tone bar option, does anyone know if the 5 tone bar option exists or if there are any plans to put ones with...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: White Mandolins!

I saw pictures of #11 on the social medias. Wow, just wow. An absolutely stunning mandolin to look at and based on the video I saw of Tyler playing it, it’s got the tone to match! Congrats on joining...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: White Mandolins

I do like the Airloom case. Looks great, tons of storage area, and while being very modern it still retains a vintage feel.

Tyler is as nice as he is talented! I think he is going to be a well...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: White Mandolins

That is my Airloom case in the background. I visited Tyler’s shop last weekend (great visit, on my phone now but will go into more detail later) to drop off #6 to have the neck reprofiled and have...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Tyler White #9

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy #9 as much as I have and still do enjoy #6!
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Kelley two-point mandolin

Nice, I certainly dig a cool two pointer and that one has cool oozing from it! Also, sounds great!
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite soul tunes for mando?

Doesn't get more soulful than Ray Charles and not a better string band around today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgq3wTdcbyI
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Voight F Mandolin #21

That is the one I played and yeah, I had already decided that I would be making an offer and banking on them being ready to negotiate based on how long it has been there.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Joe K. Walsh - Pogo Big

Thanks Joe!
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: New Band Finds to Share

I've been digging these guys recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6Db0fQVVLo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zycFNrfXsO4
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3