Search:

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: EQ Pedal for Live Shows?

I have an old Fishman Platinum Pro EQ and I think it works well but dont have anything to compare it to. It is a 3 band EQ with extra refinement on the middle band. My pick up is a piezo like the K&K...
  2. Replies
    Views

Billy Strings on Mando

Not my style but cool Billy Strings is making the rounds with all the legends and is doing some mando too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGj5MONmdlE&t=90s
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Fan to cool the band

We will play at The Dingy on IOP 7/22/22 from 330-630 on the outdoor stage. It does have a roof and some fans on that stage. With the ocean breeze the heat index will prob be cooled down to about...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What's are some good guitar soundhole pickups?

I have the Fishman rare earth magnetic plus internal mic combo sound hole pick up. I like it on my Breedlove better than the under saddle piezo. You can toggle between the mag and the mic or infinite...
  5. Thread: New music

by Astro
    Replies
    Views

Re: New music

I also really loved watching the shirt painting. What talent ! You could have stopped at an infinite number of places and still had a great painting. How do you ever decide when you're done ?
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Which Budget Fingerstyle Guitar?

I don't know whats wrong with these people. Of course you will need another guitar for finger style. Every style deserves a new instrument. Sometimes even just a new hair style deserves a new...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: How did the "curl" on the mandolin body evolve?

Some argue its a vestigial appendage left over from when mandolins lived in the sea. Possibly a flipper. From the Mandozoic Period.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: All of My 2020 Festivals Have Been Cancelled

Yep. Very sad. Our band has cancelled all gigs starting back with our favorite StPaddys day gig. Our last performance was the Friday night prior to St Paddys. I really don't see any gigging for the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Live from Here is no more

Big time bummer :(
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Elderly Beginning Mandolin Outfit

Im an elderly beginner but I didnt know about the mandolin outfit. Ive just been playing in shorts and tee shirts and sneakers. Should they all match?
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble or Duff F5?

Thats a tuffie. Not sure if I could make a meaningful decision based on this... but... If I had to choose Id say I liked the Duff more. I might say the Duff for solo playing and the Kimble for a...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Amazing Mandola Alert

Great story. What a timeline !
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MD-315 vs Gibson Doyle Lawson

Not that it matters much to us, but the other thing about the Gibson compared to some of the less expensive mandolins, is that I think it is going to sound and play great for a hundred years or more....
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Describe your MAS progression

Eastman MD 305--Hooked

Gibson 5FG-- Done
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin insurance?

I bought mandolin insurance. It didn't help. I got one anyway.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Gender and age distribution of mando players

Its probably just the bad jokes and dull company that keeps them away. ;)
    Seriously there are a number of world class female mandolinists and yes Sierra Hull and Sarah Jarosz are two of my favorites...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: I Miss Playing Live!

Was that 5 bucks a piece for 20 gigs or do y'all usually split it ?
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: The virus, the economy, mandolins and you

Kinda sucked the music out of me at first. I feel it trickling back in a little now. But its just a trickle. At least I hope thats the music. I did write a new song on guitar though in between the...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Reduce costs pleased

I don't know, in the current circumstances mandolin buying could pick up.

These instruments were made for social distancing and self isolation.

We could be looking at a huge run on mandolins.
  20. Thread: Musician Jokes

by Astro
    Replies
    Views

Re: Musician Jokes

Never had Corona virus but I've suffered from the Guinness virus a time or two...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Quite ill with a trach and a feeding tube

One day ata time but wishing you wellness soon ! You got too much music to get back to !!!
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Trip to Nashville

Winter has barely started.
    Guitar show sounds fun.
    When I went for first and only time 2or3years ago:
    Carters was the best !
    Gruhns was great too. I bought a baseball hat with their logo because...
  23. Re: Just to put myself on notice for some accountability...

The Mandolin Cafe board will be sending a representative from the daily practice committee for a surprise visit to your home to authenticate your mandolin progress.
    If you can drive your spouse...
  24. Re: Just to put myself on notice for some accountability...

You are almost exactly where I was when I mandolized. I lurked here first, then bought a mando and joined the forum, then learned to play mostly off utube. Maybe I was 55, I cant recall just now. I'm...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: What does a mando set-up cost in your area?

You're lucky to be in an area to find someone experienced in mandolin set ups. Around here the "experts" set up entry import guitars for the student market. We have a couple of decent guitar set up...
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4