Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

New Pava = 2 New Songs 2 Me

So excited about my new Pava! I couldn't wait to let you hear it, at least as well as I can play it. So here's two tunes I'm work'n on. Hope you enjoy.:mandosmiley:...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman - back/neck separation

Just wanted to close this out for the record that Eastman came through on a warranty replacement. Very pleased.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Cafe versus Craigslist

I dislike telephones. I don't wish to be intruded upon at the whim of strangers.

Email can be dealt with on my own schedule, and it provides a permanent record. Beyond that, complex concepts can...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: New Octave Mandolin Day

Looks good to me.

I should think you'll have seen this, played on something pretty similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9C6Xxf8dfA
  5. Replies
    Views

Happy ending for stolen mandolin

A customer/friend had her mandolin stolen from her house a couple of years ago, an Old Wave she'd worn the finish off the back of the neck playing for 20 years. Made her another that she liked as...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile's Loars

I'll say this about Loar sounds. When I had a brief minute to strum one (Steve Martins) I sounded just like me. I fully get that these well made instruments have huge potential but, unless you have...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: 2020 NAMM Show Report

Thanks for your announcement Scott and it was very nice getting the chance to visit with you at NAMM and the Ranch. I'm happy to report that I've updated our ZETA website with pertinent info...
  8. Replies
    Views

Losing My Religion (cover) - Collings MT2V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyrei7VE0KQ
  9. Replies
    Views

This is Steve Carlson, the man that founded Flatiron Mandolins, worked for Gibson for 5 years, now owns Zeta Violins and does a ton of CNC programming and manufacturing of parts for a lot of...
  10. Replies
    Views

Another new model, making a total of five new instruments Weber introduced at the show.

The Exotic Paulina "A" Octave D-Hole.

Top wood: Bearclaw Sitka Spruce
    Back/Side wood: Figured Walnut...
  11. Replies
    Views

More new models from Weber! First up, the Exotic Kona "A" Octave with F holes, a real piece of eye candy for sure and a lot of deep resonance.

Top wood, Back/Side, Binding: Figured Koa
    Price...
  12. Replies
    Views

Thank you Mandolin Cafe community! 1000th post

Finally up to 1000 posts!

I joined the forum 14 years ago, and I had lurked for some years prior to that

I don’t post daily but I sure read and keep up on a daily basis

This community is...
  13. Replies
    Views

Free Waterloo Mandolin

Working with my contact at Collings and Waterloo and it looks like this is going to happen at some point in the near future.

Who'd be interested in a giveaway of one of these very fine mandolins?...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Thanks for sending kegcrowe. It arrived today. Holy wow that's a lot of picks! Thanks to all who have contributed and kept this thing going! Can't wait to dive in.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: The end of my playing days.

Hi folks - This is more or less due to a prompt by Trevor at TAMCO UK,whom,apparently has been fielding a few enquiries about my current health. As much of a gentleman & & all round nice guy that...
  16. Replies
    Views

First Mando - Eastman 304

Hey Folks!

Thanks a great deal for your advice! I went with an Eastman 304 that I purchased (also at the behest of many) from The Mandolin Store. Price was certainly right, and my first impression...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: New mandolin for an old man

Thanks to all of you for your very helpful specific suggestions and all the warm encouragement you've offered me in this forum chain. I have felt welcomed by new friends and am glad to be among you....
  18. The long, arduous journey of Silverangel #438 - with a happy end

I am not a mandolin player.

I play a bit, but it’s a sideline. I play a cheap pressed-top instrument. It’s fine.

I’ve been listening more and more to music with mandolin, and got the bug, and...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandyln on FB marketplace

Balalaikas generally have even smaller sound holes, I have one that measures 3/4" accross.

Dave H
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler - Anyone Interested?

Howdy all!

As usual I'm behind in posting updates to this thread, but I do have some excellent news. Both samplers are in circulation with new recipients, and recent reports of missing picks were...
  21. Replies
    Views

About done upgrading my MD315

After I decided I wasn't going to sell my MD315, even if and when I get an upgrade mandolin, I relaxed and evaluated what relativity cheap things would I do to the MD315 to maximize its potential.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: How did you feel about your new build Mando?

Lots to discuss here. I myself have never had a mandolin built, but these days, with pretty much everyone not in a mandolin town resorting to buying via the net, the basic decision is the same....
  23. Thread: Piccolo mandolins

by Dawg
    Replies
    Views

Re: Piccolo mandolins

25 years ago I custom ordered a diminutive (piccolo) mandolin from my esteemed friend, Mr. Gilchrist. I used this instrument on several recording sessions and it is featured on a duet with my bassist...
  24. Replies
    Views

A short tune in GDGD tuning

I know I rarely post anything much despite my rather bad GAS habit. Frankly if it wasn't for the band I'd probably lose my mandolins and uke and concentrate only on tenor.

This is my Mcilroy...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins at rest

Detuning your E strings from an E to a C drops the string tension roughly in half.
    I would argue, however, that most wear and tear which detrimentally impacts playability would be hastened from...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3