Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield A5 Special

I played an A5 special, Big Mon F5, and my earlier F5S (that I have owned for a few years) back to back at Northfield's Michigan shop. I'm not a great picker that has played many mandolins of this...
  2. Re: Anyone know about this case in a Northfield ad?

I visited Northfield's Marshal shop back near the beginning of December. They had a couple of these there. They were working on a lower cost purchased option to add alongside the in-house Airloom...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: warmer strings?

I have read on here countless times that plain steel strings are all the same and nearly all come from the same manufacturer regardless of what brand they are packaged with. That would leave you to...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: The saddest song ever

In the "sad mining songs" subsection I'll nominate Utah Phillips's "Miners Lullaby" to go along with Darrell Scott's "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive", that was mentioned previously
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Addario - Seeking Mandolin Beta Testers

I'll gladly trade a couple sets of strings for 3 weeks of hiking in Colorado.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman tailpiece replacement

I don't really like to revive a three year old thread to my first post on a new forum, but this thread and others like it made me put off replacing the original stamped tailpiece on my Eastman MD...